Playback from iPod
I have not downloaded and tried XBMC yet, but I'm curious, if I have my iPod plugged into the Mac with XBMC installed, will it recognize my iPod and play media directly from my iPod?

Thanks.
Granted you have iTunes on the same Mac, just add the location of the iTunes music files as a music source in XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I don't have any music on the Mac itself. I just want to plug my iPod into the Mac and play music off the iPod in a Media Center app. Front Row won't recognize the iPod, so I'm shopping around for an alternative that will.

Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
So long as your files are all tagged, you should beable to mount the ipod as an hdd and scan the directory the songs are in and use library mode. There's no "Native" ipod Support reading the db off the ipod or anything though.
That makes sense. Thanks.
I've had iPods for years and always thought this proprietary scheid didn't allow usb access to the music......
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback from iPod0