Unsupported PCM format (44100Hz, 16 bits per sample, 2 channels)

1. 1
Unsupported PCM format (44100Hz, 16 bits per sample, 2 channels) " This is the issue i have been having with Winamp recently - it wont play the file, at all just spits out that: XBMC will play 10seconds of the film in silence then freeze... WMP will play the whole film no problem with sound.
I have managed to resolve the issue regarding WINAMP using the following http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=281042

however, XBMC is the only player that wont play the film... for more than 10second in silence at least... is there anyway i maybe able to resolve this - i am not sure where to start with XBMC, i dont know how to configure stuff. can someone give me a helpping hand

i feel the winamp issue / windows media player nonissue / XBMC 10sec attempt are all of the same.
On a side note i have other films crash after half anhour at the same point... but again WMP no problem.... or WINAMP.
I am on Vista32bit

1. 2
Also, it there anyway i can stop XBMC from running my diskdrive on startup and allocate it running when i want to activate it??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unsupported PCM format (44100Hz, 16 bits per sample, 2 channels)0