Ultra slow directory listing
Hello!

I have a XBMC setup which mounts a tree over SMB on the internal network.

The file server exporting the SMB shares in it's turn has external NFS mounts in the exported directory. It simply acts as a central hub for external resources.

While browsing directories in a locally mounted directory, and/or the gnome file browser, it goes very fast. It loads remote directories in a manner of 2-3 seconds.

When XBMC does the same thing it takes up to half a minute to list directories containing ~500 items.

How can I speed up XBMC browsing speed? The worst thing is that it takes about half a minute to go in to the directory, then when going in to a sub directory and back up again it takes another 30 seconds to load it again. Browsing is a pain.

Does it do any extra checking other than a regular file list before it can process/show the contents? Can it help to turn off some options such as Stacking or merging seasons?

I'm currently on the 8.10-final1 release, and have tried the latest SVN build on PPA.

Regards,

Mikael
Mounting the smb or nfs shares via OS instead of using smb:// sources in XBMC should do the work.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yeah, same issue
vdrfan Wrote:Mounting the smb or nfs shares via OS instead of using smb:// sources in XBMC should do the work.

Hello!

Nope. It didn't. It behaves almost identically.

Thanks for the tip though.
Any progress on this? I still have the very same issues with Dharma RC2.
I got shares mounted, in my case via sshfs locally on the XBMC machine.
Browsing/listing them on the shell, even directories with 3000+ entries, is blazing fast.
Browsing them from within XBMC, takes minutes to list such a directory.

Any ideas how to speed this up?

boba

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultra slow directory listing0