Sending Text via Event Client.. possible?
Hey all.
I'm currently developing a mobile EventClient, and have some problems...
So, is it possible to send a text entry to xbmc? For example when Labeling a new Source, i have that nice text input window on my xbmc screen... now it would be a mess to use the directional pad to enter keys, when i have such a nice little keyboard on my PPC device... but i cannot figure out how to send a string to the event server... Sad

Any suggestions?
Are you after a text message just popping up on XBMC ..?

Try here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post204591
Nonononono. *g*
I want to use my Xperia Keyboard to type in the label for a film or source, not using the directional buttons and an onscreen keyboard...
You can send text, there is a SDL forwarder that takes the keyboard on computer A and send it through eventclients to computer B
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:You can send text, there is a SDL forwarder that takes the keyboard on computer A and send it through eventclients to computer B

ie send the string a char at a time. Sending string isn't an event, a keypress, however, is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sending Text via Event Client.. possible?0