Open Source scraper
Hello,

I'm looking for an open source scraper in C#, VB.NET, Java, Python or C++. Do you have references.

A lot a scraper are really good but they only export their metadata in nfo. I would like to improve them to also be able to export the data in xml for Media Browser module of Vista Media Center.
hmmm.... XBMC?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
?

firstly; nfo files are xml files. secondly; you can use our scraper framework to output ANY format. a scraper is just a translator. for instance i use them heavily at work for processing output from my simulations.
I dont understand. Perhaps I use a bad word or I don't express myself correctly.

I'm looking for a tool like nfoScraper, Movie Info Plus, Media companion... These tools are able to retrieve metadtata from internet and to generate a nfo file. That what we call a scraper ? I would like to add the ability to generate xml for Media Browser.

I know that a nfo file is a xml. It's why I think it's a better idea and easier to improve an existing tool than create a new one. I also can write a little translation script to transform the nfo wml file format in a Media browser xml file format.
that is NOT what we call a scraper in this context and you are certainly in the wrong subforum!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Source scraper0