Recording music (web radio)
Question 
Hey all,

I have been recording a lot of stuff from shoutcast streams recently.

Then I found last.fm and been finding so many great new tunes, I love this service.

I know it would be a biiit cheeky.. but is there a way to use xbmc to record these last.fm songs? (in the way that you can record when listening to shoutcast).

I know they may work differently (u dont generally hear of last.fm stuff referred to as a stream). But is there a workaround?

Some of the tracks it's playing for me are really obscure and I haven't been able to find some of them even in the shops.

-Cheers
PantsOnFire Wrote:Hey all,

I have been recording a lot of stuff from shoutcast streams recently.

Then I found last.fm and been finding so many great new tunes, I love this service.

I know it would be a biiit cheeky.. but is there a way to use xbmc to record these last.fm songs? (in the way that you can record when listening to shoutcast).

I know they may work differently (u dont generally hear of last.fm stuff referred to as a stream). But is there a workaround?

Some of the tracks it's playing for me are really obscure and I haven't been able to find some of them even in the shops.

-Cheers

I'm curious if you can let me know what version of XBMC you are using that supports recording shoutcast streams.

I used that feature a lot in the past, though for some time now - months and months - I really would like to figure out why it will not record at all.

Any help or pointers is appreciated
on the new svn version(Mar. 2009) mine records just fine after I give a destination path on the drive.
pyrex Wrote:on the new svn version(Mar. 2009) mine records just fine after I give a destination path on the drive.

alright, thanks for the heads up - gonna go track down a copy for myself, install it and post my results here..

Smile
Question 
So, anyone know if its possible ? (original post)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording music (web radio)0