How do I update/add scrapers?
Sorry for the newbie question. Ran a few searches and didn't find anything. I'm running an ssh client "filezilla." I connect and login with username xbmc. I found the scraper dir at /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers but if I try to edit any of the video scrapers it says "permission denied." I don't have access to that directory. How can I modify the contents of this folder?

Thanks in advance,
-Ed
I think I figured it out...if I did this right...

so I ssh'd to a bash prompt with xbmc
ran:
sudo passwd root
set the root password
sudo passwd -u root
unlocked the root account
su
chmod 751 *.* on scrapers/video dir
used filezilla to upload files

Of course, I'm not at home so I can't actually test the new scrapers yet. Smile I'll try them later today.

I know nothing about linux...all the above was me googling stuff...so if someone thinks I've done something horribly wrong, please speak up.
So I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed that not one person has chimed in. Smile

I tried to update my sources and as soon as I went to set content the media center would reboot. I then ran
chown -hR xbmc:xbmc video

as root in the /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers

After doing that, I could use the new scrapers! Woohoo. I also ended up adding themoviedb scraper from an old xbmc build (it seems to be removed from the latest build for some reason) and it also works well. So success!
You should use the command sudo on Ubuntu instead, it's more secure than being the root user.

just write

sudo "whatever you intended to do."

without quotes of course

Glad it worked out for you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I update/add scrapers?0