adding a source
A quick and yet another stultifyingly stupid question from me..........I have atv and xbmc is loaded. I want to add my macmini as a source. I see the add source function but is the source (macmini) to be added as a upnp FTP or itunes aap source?

I also notice on twitter people saying, watching (something) on boxee or xbmc how do I add these in and watch on my atv. (do I just add the URL as an FTP source?)

Sorry I am not very experienced in this, I've searched but it's all very technical for my requirements.
that'll be a no then ?

Surely someone has added a mac as a source ? I take it that the source can be any on the wireless network?

Hope someone can help else all xbmc will be is another way to play apple trailers :-(
What kind of source do you want your Mac Mini to be? (i.e. Movies, Music, etc.) For example, if your Mac Mini contains movie files that you want to stream to XBMC, then you could potentially add your Mini as an SMB server. I haven't done this but do believe it is possible.

If you haven't already, the following page may be helpful:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Types_of_Media_Sources
I guess for video really, pretty well covered in respect of music. Will have read thanks for the pointer. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding a source0