fast forward problems on xbox
Hello!
I am using MediaStreamMod_v2.1 as a skin on my xbox.
I am running on 720p, but I have problems fast forwarding the movies. Just nothing happens when I try to fast forward. Very strange, I am able to fast forward tv shows..
Can you please help me?
This isn't a skin problem, what XBMC revision are you using?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I updated 3 days ago to the latest XBMC revision
Latest isn't a revision!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
T3CH XBMC 2009-03-04 SVN rev18221
Lots of issues/bugs were fixed since that revision.
Try updating to last night's build (rev 18616).
Google for "xbmc nightly builds".

EDIT: don't forget to backup your userdata, scripts, plugins and skin folders (these builds only came w/ PMIII)

xbs08 Wrote:Lots of issues/bugs were fixed since that revision.
Try updating to last night's build (rev 18616).
Google for "xbmc nightly builds".

EDIT: don't forget to backup your userdata, scripts, plugins and skin folders (these builds only came w/ PMIII)

I've backed everything up as you mention but quick question. Once I've upgraded do I also need to copy back all these files or provided the upgrad has gone ok will everything be fine?
If you dont copy back you'll only have one SD skin (PMIII) and your data and settings will be lost as your plugins and scripts.

Hey, thank you, Smile I updated to the latest night's build (rev 18616 and then to 18652), but I have serious problems with some movies. The picture is sometimes not synchronized with the movie, in library mode some movies don't start,..
I have fresh installed everything a couple of times, but still no luck.
Can you please help me?
Thanks!
I'm having the same problem ever since switching to Mod v2.1. If I switch over to the PM3.HD skin, I can fast-forward and rewind without incident. But if I try scanning through any media files when using MediaStream, the scroll bar comes up and a speed is indicated, but there's no change in speed.
nazgull Wrote:Hey, thank you, Smile I updated to the latest night's build (rev 18616 and then to 18652), but I have serious problems with some movies. The picture is sometimes not synchronized with the movie, in library mode some movies don't start,..
I have fresh installed everything a couple of times, but still no luck.
Can you please help me?
Thanks!

As for sync issues, i can´t help, never had that problem.

As for some movies dont start in library mode that can be related with free RAM available.
What skin are you using?
Have you tried PM3.HD?

Try a less demanding RAM view.

@ watercooler
What revision are you using?
Have you tried playing the movies with dvdplayer?
There was a problem with mplayer ff but i think it's fixed now.

Sad 
I'm using:

XBMC-9.04-BABYLON-FINAL-T3CH

MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox)

have also tried:

MediaStream v1.00

Fast forward does not work, even when pushing the left stick to the right it moves along the time line but does not pick up where you stop it. Using the D-Pad the sound goes off but the image does not fast forward.

I have watched 2 movies since implementing this Skin and both movies cut 10 minutes before the end, I've had to watched the end on the PC.
Deleted
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
If it's any consolation to you it's allways been a problem for me on xbox regardless of what skin i use. i have been told it's down to the media your using not having the right key frames or none at all
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Smile 
Now that.. is a logical explanation.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fast forward problems on xbox0