Samba - Access to root of each share extremely slow
This is a windows firewall issue. I had the same problem and disabled windows firewall on both sides and it is working perfectly now.

I tried the port 80 thing and that didn't do anything. If someone figures out how to leave windows firewall on and get it to work fast, I am all ears.

Since I am behind a nat firewall I doubt it offered much protection anyway.
carvegio Wrote:This is a windows firewall issue. I had the same problem and disabled windows firewall on both sides and it is working perfectly now.

I tried the port 80 thing and that didn't do anything. If someone figures out how to leave windows firewall on and get it to work fast, I am all ears.

I never use software firewall apps and always disable the built in Windows firewall, and I still get slow listing of SMB shares. Sad
carvegio Wrote:This is a windows firewall issue. I had the same problem and disabled windows firewall on both sides and it is working perfectly now.

Is XBMC.exe added to your firewall exception list ? Add it and see if it works ..
I am experiencing the same problem using XBMC LIVE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samba - Access to root of each share extremely slow0