Want to use "theater mode" with XBMC
Though the feature was forcibly removed from Vista and DX10 video cards, I still have a DX9 video card and XP because I found it so useful. "Theater mode" would allow your second monitor (my TV) to display video in full screen, while simply being opened on the first display (computer). This means I am free to do whatever I want (office work) while the kids watch their stuff on the HDTV; all on the same PC at the same time. This was also great because I would get full screen video from things that don't even give you the option, such as streaming content.

I believe this is called "overlay" and from what I've read XBMC does not do that. When I open Media Player Classic, my videos full screen on my TV (and are normal size on the PC). In XBMC it is just identical to whatever is showing up. I'd like to use XBMC for playing the videos not just because the interface is amazing but I'm assuming it does a fantastic job with upscaling videos and other technologies.

Sorry if this question has been asked; I searched a bit and couldn't find it. Thanks to anyone who can help.
I use theater mode with my current pre-XBMC set up as well, and would love to continue to have that functionality once I start using XBMC....any word on whether it is / will be possible?
pretty sure this has been discussed... basically redirecting XBMC to a secondary screen. And it was determined it cannot be done.

I suggest searching Trac and if a feature request does not exist already you are always welcome to put one in.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to use "theater mode" with XBMC0