Generating Thumbnails & Music Database On PC...
i have all my media files located on a server on my network. i find the generation of thumbnails and the creating of the music database take forever.

is anyone working on a tool that would create on the local server where the information is located and then automatically uploaded to the server?

it would seem like if you provided the ip address of the xbox and the install path to the xbmc directory that you could then read in the config xml path to resolve all the information you needed to generate the picture thumbnails and generate the music database.

i know that xbmc has this built-in, but i access my server over an 802.11b connection and it takes forever to generate picture thumbnails (each of my pictures is 2-5mbs in size) and w/40gbs of music, it takes forever to parse all the id3 tags.

it would be much more efficient to generate the information locally and then just ftp up the files to the xbox.

just an idea.

- daswitz
have you tried mp3 fatx renamer?
i've got the same issue and would be willing to try and write a windows app to build the db locally and send it to the xbox. i've got over 22k songs in my library and having to update the library from the xbox over the network takes forever.

neil
neil:

drop me a pm with an email address, and i'll email you the db info once it's finalized (as it's about to change Smile. just so you know, all the code needed to read from it (in c++) is in cvs, but it's just sql, so you could write the app in just about anything.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generating Thumbnails & Music Database On PC...0