Aeon Stark porting permission...
Hi djh_

I was one of the guys over at MediaPortal that was working on the original port of Aeon. Fantastic work on Aeon Stark!

I read the thread regarding some problems you had over a MeediOS, and I was hoping to avoid that again. You've done some amazing work with your latest incarnation of Aeon.

Basically I just wanted to know what your stand is regarding porting Aeon Stark over to MediaPortal? I'd like to have a go at it but didn't want to step on your toes...

It's purely a port as close a possible as I can get given the current limitations of MediaPortal's skin engine. I don't intend to take any credit for the concept of graphics.

I'd like to hear your reply.

Kind Regards (and keep up the good work)

Psycho Reptile
Go right ahead. Now it's out you can do what you like with it.

Well, except pass it off as your own work, of course. Not that anyone would do a thing like that... Huh
Thanks a lot djh_.

As I said I have no intention of passing it off as my own work No, merely porting it Nod.

Thanks again!

Big Grin
Psycho Reptile Wrote:Hi djh_

I was one of the guys over at MediaPortal that was working on the original port of Aeon. Fantastic work on Aeon Stark!

I read the thread regarding some problems you had over a MeediOS, and I was hoping to avoid that again. You've done some amazing work with your latest incarnation of Aeon.

Basically I just wanted to know what your stand is regarding porting Aeon Stark over to MediaPortal? I'd like to have a go at it but didn't want to step on your toes...

It's purely a port as close a possible as I can get given the current limitations of MediaPortal's skin engine. I don't intend to take any credit for the concept of graphics.

I'd like to hear your reply.

Kind Regards (and keep up the good work)

Psycho Reptile

This would be cool... I use mediaportal most of the time mainly for its stability and rock solid apps ... XBMC is nice and eye candy (when you want to show off to friends) but unstable at current stage of development
roeroe Wrote:XBMC is nice and eye candy (when you want to show off to friends) but unstable at current stage of development

Rofl Oo Are you serious?
roeroe Wrote:This would be cool... I use mediaportal most of the time mainly for its stability and rock solid apps ... XBMC is nice and eye candy (when you want to show off to friends) but unstable at current stage of development

Eek

I got tired of MediaPortal crashing on me almost every time I exited a menu (not an exaggeration), and not being able to get DTS working. I have had XBMC crash on me maaaybe...twice?

That said, Psycho Reptile did some nice work on the earlier Aeon port, and MP has a very dedicated community. Great job by all over there, but right now XBMC works better for me.
roeroe Wrote:This would be cool... I use mediaportal most of the time mainly for its stability and rock solid apps ... XBMC is nice and eye candy (when you want to show off to friends) but unstable at current stage of development

LOL! I think you need to read the manual or something. I haven't had any stability issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Stark porting permission...0