For those who would make apps (general flagging talk)
So I'm guessing a few people out there have or are making apps to support Aeon and Serenity's nascent media flagging features. A word of advice: these are experimental and volatile features that are subject to change. Still, if you're anything like me then no amount of warning will stop you, so here's a rough outline of where things are and what they're likely to become.

Now

Stream info flags: Aeon uses fekker's interim solution of injecting video and audio information into the studios tag of an nfo file. Media Info Plus handles this admirably and should be all anyone needs. The process takes just a few seconds and should be easy to reverse.

Source media flags: For things like Blu-ray and HD-DVD, Aeon draws the information from the filename itself. So if your movie's called 'The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension.Bluray.mkv', the Blu-ray flag will show.

HD posters: There are two methods: the old one by which additional thumbnails with '-big.png' suffixes are used, and new support for movie.tbn files stored within individual movie folders. The advantage of the latter method is that it avoids the need for a duplicate file. For those wishing to adopt this (imo superior) folder-level structure for their movies, this will only be of benefit in the long-run. There are plenty of posts with more info on the subject.

The future

Stream info flags: XBMC should eventually add support for pulling this info directly from the files itself. The big issue at the moment seems to be library performance, so I've no idea if and when it'll happen. At that point, the information stored using fekker's solution will become obsolete and Aeon will (overnight thanks to its code and assets being in place) switch to the XBMC solution. Pruning or replacing the info in your nfos should be an easy, automated task.

Source media flags: Only you can say where your files originally came from so this will never be a feature XBMC can handle automatically. In all likelihood, Aeon will continue to use the filename-based solution.

HD posters: The idea is that XBMC will one day have two thumbnail caches - one optimized for browsing and the other storing full-res thumbnails for larger views. There's no guarantee this will happen, though. Until it does, Aeon will continue to use the existing methods described above.

Hope that's of some help.
Few questions. I can't get HDDVD or HDTV to work. Also is there support for just plain ol DVDRIP?

Also what about an icon for just standard MPEG Audio and FLAC audio

Honestly though unless the filename has BLURAY, HDDVD, or HDTV in it the movie is going to be a DVDRIP. I would love to see a DVD icon show up for source unless the filename has said HD source in it.

Edit: Forgot to mention HDDVD and HDTV shows in info view just not Showcase view.
is anyone working on a native mac file renaming solution? i'm just starting one and hoping i'm not wasting my time.
criti Wrote:is anyone working on a native mac file renaming solution? i'm just starting one and hoping i'm not wasting my time.

i use "A Better Finder Rename" for all my mac renaming needs
sorry i guess i should have been more clear.. i meant like a MIP but native for mac. something that'll create nfo's, grab thumbnails, etc.
krypt2nite Wrote:Few questions. I can't get HDDVD or HDTV to work. Also is there support for just plain ol DVDRIP?

Also what about an icon for just standard MPEG Audio and FLAC audio

Honestly though unless the filename has BLURAY, HDDVD, or HDTV in it the movie is going to be a DVDRIP. I would love to see a DVD icon show up for source unless the filename has said HD source in it.

Edit: Forgot to mention HDDVD and HDTV shows in info view just not Showcase view.

Here's a FLAC one at least

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=306...stcount=11
krypt2nite Wrote:Edit: Forgot to mention HDDVD and HDTV shows in info view just not Showcase view.

The same problem seems to exist for divx and dolby 2
The XML points to flags/hddvd.png which doesn't have an icon. Info view points to flags/info/hddvd.png

I changed all the paths to point to flags/info/hddvd.png but that icon is slightly bigger then what's needed for showcase view.

Guess all we have to do is drop the proper icon in \XBMC\skin\Aeon Stark\media\flags\
criti Wrote:sorry i guess i should have been more clear.. i meant like a MIP but native for mac. something that'll create nfo's, grab thumbnails, etc.

MIP is working on a port but from what I've seen I think it's a while off. It's going to use mono to run under linux / os x. Is MIP open source? If so, you could work on porting it over...

[edit : I'm pretty sure it is open source]
criti Wrote:is anyone working on a native mac file renaming solution? i'm just starting one and hoping i'm not wasting my time.

A native Mac application, that works like MIP, but maybe simpler and more "Mac-like" would be amazing Smile

I hope you do it!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=308...tcount=161
..invalid link
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For those who would make apps (general flagging talk)0