Hidden files (thumbs and fanart)
I need to do some more investigation to get the precise breakdown, but...

It seems that hidden fanart is not found. There are some very simple user workarounds, but curious to see if there's an easy fix in the code, or if it's a logic / policy issue.

The reason I hide my fanart?... because a certain other media center from Redmond finds images in video folders and displays them as part of your 'pictures' collection.

I have a large media server with multiple clients accessing the data (XBMC, MediaCenter and Media-Portal). The Redmond client is by far the most stupid.

btw, XBMC has just inched past Media-Portal in the 'winner' stakes. Damn close, but XBMC does what it does better. It just does a little less (so far)

Keep up the good work you guys!
Please post a trac ticket, ideally with a simple way to reproduce (i.e. identify the exact steps necessary). The reason (which you can add to the ticket) is as it's using a GetDirectory fetch which has hidden files excluded. The fetch needs to be made while allowing for the hidden files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hidden files (thumbs and fanart)0