XBMC on Vista
Hi,
I installed xbmc on vista but I could not add the source on smb protocol, is it limitation on Vista?
What build of XBMC?
No it isn't. I had this problem on some older builds then I updated and it worked.

So try upgrading, if this still does not fix it then you can map the network drive in my computer, then this will show up in xbmc as a drive and it is added.

It is faster for me the second way, as when I add it via SMB it takes a long time to load the drive first time - there is another post on this if you search something about opening port 80 - but this is a different problem to your current one.
I 2nd the method of just mapping the drive through "my computer"
The only problem when adding it via XBMC is a enabled firewall atm. Dunno why but it makes the response slow.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Or you can just type the address where it's located,
ie. smb://192.168.0.XXX/folder name
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
SMB did not work for me either with version 8 alpha / beta. I thought I read in the FAQ that it doesn't work under Windows.

I used to map my network drives with windows explorer and assign a drive letter to it, then mounted this drive in XBMC
It works for me without a problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
falc410 Wrote:SMB did not work for me either with version 8 alpha / beta. I thought I read in the FAQ that it doesn't work under Windows.

I used to map my network drives with windows explorer and assign a drive letter to it, then mounted this drive in XBMC

Lots of things don't work in version 8.10. Get a more modern SVN release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Vista0