smb shares
Hey Luigi,

is smbfs installed or samba at all. I am trying to setup the mythbox script and need to mount my mythtv's backend at /var/lib/mythtv/recordings, it is a shared smb or nfs directory on the backend but If I browse SMB shares from the video source menu in xbmc it cannot see it.

can I do a cifs mount, or what would you suggest.

Sorry L. I am testing b2 incase that makes a difference.

THX,

Dave
I'd use nfs..

On mythtvbox:
$> vi /etc/exports
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings 192.168.0.0/24®

$> exportfs -a

on xbmc box:
$> vi /etc/fstab
192.168.0.1:/var/lib/mythtv/recordings /mnt/mythtv nfs defaults,noatime,ro 0 0

ps I have pulled that from memory so may have a mistake in it
Pvt_Ryan Wrote:I'd use nfs..

On mythtvbox:
$> vi /etc/exports
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings 192.168.0.0/24®

$> exportfs -a

on xbmc box:
$> vi /etc/fstab
192.168.0.1:/var/lib/mythtv/recordings /mnt/mythtv nfs defaults,noatime,ro 0 0

ps I have pulled that from memory so may have a mistake in it

you know it's weird, the recordings directory is shared by default for front ends, I am not sure it does not work by default here to when connected to the mstr b/e.
However, I got it with smbfs. Installed samba-common, smbfs, smbclient. I vnc's into the b/e and DOH noticed the smb share for /var/lib/mythtv/recordings is actually //ip_address/recordings. edited the properties in shared folders for the smb share and clicked share, then I made a new mount point in Live and mounted it and voila it is playing now. I have not rebooted yet, nor I have I added it to fstab yet, can this mount be done in rc.local as well to avoid the normal cifs disconnect or shutdown errors. I may try with nfs as well.

Here is the data from /etc/exports on the b/e now.

xbmc@mythmaster:/etc$ cat exports
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings *(ro,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
xbmc@mythmaster:/etc$

Dave
try getting nfs-common incase you dont have it.

also start the nfs daemons
/etc/init.d/nfs start

$> exportfs
will tell you what your system is actually exporting.

Quote:/var/lib/mythtv/recordings *(ro,noatime,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

add noatime ( I cant remember if atime is disabled by deafult on nfs shares but it's stupid to have in enabled as for every read you have a write)
also the * means any IP, that is perfectly vaild, though I generally lock things down to specific IP addresses or subnets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smb shares0