DTS-AUDIO CDs
When I attempt to play a DTS CD, I get a message saying 'failed to open audio device' DTS works fine in movies...Any ideas?
Not when you don't provide enough details.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I first wanted to make sure that DTS-AUDIO cds are supported before I troubleshoot any further
They should be...
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:They should be...

Is it a 96Khz 24 Bit DTS-CD. All dts movies are 48Khz if I recall. I have one I cannot play either as well as a couple chesky recordings that are high resolution that will not play.

Dave
I can get DTS CDs to play; however, not in true DTS.

The audio does not passthrough to the receiver like AC3 5.1 does.

They should play if the player is set to dvdplayer (default) for audio cds.

If you still have problems, I would check your audio card settings and force the sample rate 48kHz if you can... setting it too high (96kHz or 192kHz) cause a lot of audio artifacts on my machine. And really if you want your receiver to decode it, the sample rate HAS to be 44.1, since that is all that can be burned on a CD anyway - I have tried every permutation and cannot get the receiver to decode the stream with xbmc.

Foobar with kernel streaming mode will work though if you really want to play them on your PC (set your audio card to 44.1kHz), then let the receiver do the DTS decoding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-AUDIO CDs0