Lost internet conn w\ XBMC Babylon_alpha1
Hi all, new here.

Just started using XBMC for Windows-8.10 (stable release) and everything was going pretty good except for 1 problem i was having so i thought i'd give XBMC Babylon_alpha1 a chance. Well things just got worse, it will not connect to the internet no matter what i tried (and yes i turned off firewall, virus scanner, etc: even rebooted). Well because ver 8.10 connected ok i uninstalled Babylon_alpha1 (including profile) and reinstalled 8.10, now it will not connect either!!! Every thing just sits there and scans until it quits the weather just stays in busy mode.

Any clues what i can do to get it to connect to the internet, short of having to do a complete reg clean of XBMC.

using
xp pro sr2
amd athlon 3800+
dsl no router

thanks

ps: babylon did fix the problem i had with 8.10 tho... Yea for that at least LOL
make sure you're deleting all XBMC stuff before installing the new one.
Meaning the XBMC installation directory and the stuff in C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:make sure you're deleting all XBMC stuff before installing the new one.
Meaning the XBMC installation directory and the stuff in C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC.

Hey WiSo

No luck (did it before but did it again just to make sure)

with XBMC 8.10 reinstalled
the system info icon (lower right corner) shows correct ip address BUT show "Busy" for the next 2 items (can't remember what those showed, processor and something else i think). The weather screen just say "Busy" to (stuck on Busy)

also now when i try to close XBMC i have to use task manager to terminate (lists XBMC as unresponsive)
try one of jesters build's, you probable need to add msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll to the install dir (or windows/system32).
Louike Wrote:try one of jesters build's, you probable need to add msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll to the install dir (or windows/system32).

Surely they're included in Babylon?
Louike Wrote:try one of jesters build's, you probable need to add msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll to the install dir (or windows/system32).

there both already in my system32 dir, saw a thread earlier that mentioned that so i checked just in case.

Ok here's one thing i found during one of my many re installs.
when i uncheck "Enable internet lookups" and restart XBMC it says at the bottom "could not connect to internet" if i go recheck lookup the message changes to "could not connect to network server" is it maybe trying to connect to my home network instead of the internet? (just guessing here i'am running out of ideas) only use the home network to hook to my laptop for data transfers.

thx for any help
I don't think the dlls are supposed to be an issue on XP machines.

Are you able to connect to the internet through that machine when XBMC is not running using Firefox or IE? Also, are you able to connect when XBMC is running, but alt-tabbing over to Firefox or IE? I'm a little bit curious if there isn't some kind of router error.

Next, we may as well try to fix this using the alpha, since that does fix the other problem. So uninstall 8.10. After uninstalling, go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC

Make sure everything is deleted.

Install the alpha.

Attempt to run the alpha. If there is still no internet connection, post the debug log that should also be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc.log
natethomas

here is the log file, hope someone can figure out something

http://www.box.net/shared/lan9uyxvt3

Thx's
I'm reposting your log so people don't have to download it.

http://pastebin.com/m4e171f21

Also, you didn't answer my question. Does the computer that you are trying to run XBMC on have internet access using other programs like Firefox? Actually, the question was better asked above:

Quote:Are you able to connect to the internet through that machine when XBMC is not running using Firefox or IE? Also, are you able to connect when XBMC is running, but alt-tabbing over to Firefox or IE? I'm a little bit curious if there isn't some kind of router error.

Please answer that question.
natethomas Wrote:Also, you didn't answer my question. Does the computer that you are trying to run XBMC on have internet access using other programs like Firefox? Actually, the question was better asked above:

Please answer that question.

Opps sorry nate, yes to your question. what's funny is XBMC even reports the correct outgoing IP address
Well, this one is beyond me then. I'll leave it for a dev.
Hi All

Same thing here have been running 9.04 Alpha1 R19218 for ages and today XBMC out the blue just stopped all internet connection for lookups etc.

It shows a IP address and everuthing and all other apps on Vista connect firefox etc have not made any changes (guess its a windows thing)

Any help much appreciated

Andy
Someone else reported this problem recently and said it was a firewall issue. You don't happen to have any additional firewalls running do you?

Also 9.04 final release is out and lovely. I highly recommend it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost internet conn w\ XBMC Babylon_alpha10