Playlists Creation through XBMC Shares?
If all my music is stored on my XBMC machine (windows vista) and i share the folder ie \\vista\music (which contains all my mp3s) to my other computer (winxp), is there a way to create playlists from my XP machine?

I add the shared music into winamp and make playlists on my XP machine and save them to *.m3u and put them in a shared drive which is labeled \\xpmachine\Media (E)\Music

I used the path substitution commands as per the wiki manual but i end up getting this error:

CFileCache::Open - opening <Media (E)/Music/¥¥vista-mce¥Music¥A Motown Christmas, Vol. 2¥03 Purple Snowflakes [Stereo Mix][#].mp3> using cache
07:06:17 T:3360 M:1290575872 INFO: CWINFileSMB: Unable to open file '\' Error '2

I know how to make path substitution work. The only time it is successful is when all the music is on my XP machine and sharing to the XBMC machine. I am assuming this was the way it is coded (and intended to work). I am running into errors when trying to make playlists using my xp machine through shared mp3's on the XBMC (vista) machine.

I know it has something to do with the fact that the UNC has to include the smb:// prefix but I think the problem lies in the fact that the music is being shared from the XBMC machine and not the XP machine.

I know i could use a program to edit the m3u's and replace the beginning of //vista-mce/ to just e:\music and that would fix it but I was hoping for something more streamlined.

Is there perhaps a winamp plugin or another program that can save playlists with a prefix of: smb:// ?

It just seems like XBMC software ignores trying to do the substitutions because it knows that the files are local and not remote.

Thank you in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists Creation through XBMC Shares?0