MediaStream video GUI defaulting to bookmarks - mod?
Hi,

I wondered if this was something that was easily fixable, potentially by myself if its not suitable for the main release of the skin.

Basically i use xbmc on my mac mini under the tv. Everything is great, using the apple mini remote for controls is generally fine. Annoyingly its play/pause button is overloaded to bring up menus during playback in xbmc.

Unlike PM3 which brings up its joypad GUI with the pause button highlighted, mediastream by default brings up the GUI bar with the bookmarks button highlighted by default. Which means 99% of the time when trying to just pause the video I have to navigate across to play/pause then press it.

This doesn't lend itself to easy access by the rest of the family and is a bit frustrating for myself.

Mediastream does seem to then remember what the last button pressed was which is generally fine, tho when i've exited a video with stop its lingering over stop when really i think i'd prefer PM3's behaviour of always starting on pause.

Other than that the only other niggle i have is that when the playback is actually paused for some reason the highlight actually disappears completely, when the actual functional highlight remains on the play/pause button.
Thanks to Jezz_X on the irc channel i've got this fixed, basically

Quote:change the second line in skin/mediastream/720p/videoOSD.xml to this
<defaultcontrol always="true">219</defaultcontrol>

This path lives inside the xbmc.app package on mac.

you can remove the always=true part to get it sticking to the last option you have had selected.

This works, great stuff!!!

The only thing I'm left with now is that the highlight on the play button disappears when i am actually paused. This didn't seem to happen for Jezz so perhaps is a mac only issue, or my version of mediastream?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream video GUI defaulting to bookmarks - mod?0