HASHing for thumbnails
A quick question that I can't seem to figure out from the wiki:

what do you hash to get season thumbs? I am able to find the rest of the thumbs (movies, episodes, tv shows, etc..) via the hashing function, but no path I enter returns the season thumbs. I can browse and see them, but I need to know what string XBMC is hashing to find them.

Thanks in advance!!

Clyde
see CFileItem::GetCachedSeasonThumb()
I'm afraid I'm a C++ noob...
I see that, unlike GetCachedVideoThumb(), which returns the results of GetCachedThumb(m_strPath,...etc), GetCachedSeasonThumb returns the results of GetCachedThumb("season"+seasonPath+GetLabel(),...etc)

I guess the only part of that I don't follow is what getLabel() returns, and I don't know where that's defined (nor do I have a local copy of the xbmc source to grep through...)
GetLabel() is the label of the fileitem.

looking at that code i blush a bit, as the hash is stupid beyond even my drunkest moments. i can see what i was thinking, but bad poo thinking on my part (i wanted to avoid season thumbs showing up for shows reusing show-id's), but using the label is not the key to that Wink

it would be 'Season 1' in english, 'Staffel 1' in german and so on (langs chosen on random, hope you get the point).

in conclusion, we would hash something along

"seasonsmb://somewhere/tvshows/someshow/Season 1"

where season is the litteral season, smb://somewhere/tvshows/someshow/ is the showpath and Season 1 comes from the label

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HASHing for thumbnails0