Sound issues, and i have spent some hours reading and trying other forum posts...
My problem is that i have no sound at all in XBMC but it works great in vlc and mplayer both spdif passthrough and "regular" sound i.e an .mp3

i have XBMC configured for digital sound and dolby didgital and dts checked

audio output device is set to default, also tried iec958 and alsa

passthrough output device: device iec958

i run ubuntu 8.10 intrepid and XBMC 9.04 beta 1

Whats my next move in this?

// Blobba
purge pulse audio, and configure your .asoundrc
"aplay -l" and "arecord -l" are your friends.

look for some info on the web, if u cant seem to find any thing usefull i can share mine, though u'll have to make some minor adjustments for your specific card.

good luck
Some examples of your sound config files and output from the aplay application might be helpful also. You didn't mention anything about alsa mixer, are the pots turned down?
Hi and thanx for the fast responses.

My respons wans not so quick though...

when i bu chanse set "passthrough output device" to default every thing started working! i get my AC3 5.1 on dvds and prologic(thanx to my reciver) on every thing else!

strange is that in boxee witch is based on XBMC i get no sound with the same config thats why i didnt try it at first... it was a friend of mine that recomended boxee, but now i know better!! XBMC rules!

thanx and you got a great forum!

// Blobba

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issues, and i have spent some hours reading and trying other forum posts...0