tv display and audio issues (macbook)
MacBook
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.83 GHz
1 Gig Ram
GMA 950

i installed the new XBMC_for_Mac-Babylon-RC1.dmg to my laptop, but I am having problems displaying the proper resolution on my Sharp LC-46D64U. The macbook display is at 1280x800, and the tv display is set at 1920x1080i with overscan off. I read through the forums that you need to set front row to 720p and that may fix it, but that is for an ATV. I look at the settings for front row when I started the app and it has no real option on the settings except screen saver and sound toggle.

Also I am using a mini toslink to toslink from my macbook into my receiver (Denon 2801) so i can receive a digital signal from the ac3 and dts audio. The setup is set to optical and auto detect. I can't hear any audio when I setup the xbmc audio hardware to ext receiver, DTS, ac3. However I can hear audio if it is set to analog.

VLC works fine, but I really want to use XBMC since I love it on my xbox, but I also want to be able to play HD content.

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.
Can anybody help? Or are these questions answered already, so I'm not getting a response?
How are you connecting to the TV, through DVI or VGA? With my Mac mini I had to use VGA to my Sammy to get my best resolution.

And in XBMC you have to set the screen resolution to Full Screen.

And even though I don't think this will help, you can try mirroring instead of dual-displays.

As far as the audio, there's some known issues with some Yamaha and Sony receivers which is now hopefully fixed in a new branch. Thought Denon's were okay so it may be your settings (or not).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv display and audio issues (macbook)0