• 6(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Well that was a complete waste of my time. lol I got everything coded and working great except it would either lock up or crash whenever I closed the form and tried to release the memory from the DX objects. I've been messing with it for hours trying to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. Come to find out it's a bug in the DX SDK and will not be fixed. :/ Time to give DirectShow a shot, I guess.
Any plans to add TV support to this?

It looks good in its current form but don't want to have to use 2 NFO generators for Movies and TV.
HexusOdy Wrote:Any plans to add TV support to this?

It looks good in its current form but don't want to have to use 2 NFO generators for Movies and TV.

That's a quote from the OP:

"Current Features Overview:
At this point, only Movies are supported. Once I get all the features added and bugs worked out of the Movies section, I'll move on to TV Shows, then to Music."

Are you blind, inattentive or just simply that much impatientHuh
olympia Wrote:That's a quote from the OP:

"Current Features Overview:
At this point, only Movies are supported. Once I get all the features added and bugs worked out of the Movies section, I'll move on to TV Shows, then to Music."

Are you blind, inattentive or just simply that much impatientHuh

If you want to be an arse go reply to somebody else. There's no need for your last line. Your quote from the OP pointed out my mistake, no need to add to it.

It's funny how people find it so easy to be agressive dicks when they are hid behind a computer screen.
HexusOdy Wrote:There's no need for your last line. Your quote from the OP pointed out my mistake, no need to add to it.

You might be right, receive my appologize.
However let's agree on your reaction was far more impolite and agressive!
You poked me into action Smile

Lets agree we both made mistakes and have a virtual man hug Big Grin
midgetspy Wrote:Why grab keyframes? There's no reason that a thumb on a keyframe would be any more relevant than a thumb on any other frame.

The reason is that keyframes hold a FULL image, whilst other frames are 'deltas' from the image. Some frame grabbers will end up with garbled frames as a result of this.
It doesn't always hold true of course, if the frame grabber is intelligent no problem, but I've seen a number of frame grabbers fall foul of this.
AnalogKid Wrote:The reason is that keyframes hold a FULL image, whilst other frames are 'deltas' from the image. Some frame grabbers will end up with garbled frames as a result of this.
It doesn't always hold true of course, if the frame grabber is intelligent no problem, but I've seen a number of frame grabbers fall foul of this.

Ah I assumed that any framegrabber would build the screenshot from the nearest keyframe no matter what you grab... that seems ridiculous to grab the delta only, hehe. Anyway ffmpeg doesn't have this problem I don't think (I auto-generated 5k screenshots last night and didn't notice any problems).
Ok, first off, 018 is in the first post. It addresses most of the feature requests/bug reports so far. Still have some work to do though.

olympia Wrote:WOW!

The 017 is the first version started to work @me Cool

Some comments:
- Personally I would like more if in the layout of the info tab, the plot would be included in the "middle view". I think you could change it with IMDB ID, Certifications, File Path, Plot outline which would be enough to display on the full info tab. This is just something to consider.
- Downloading posters and fanarts is very slow for some reason comparing to MC, and also there are far more less hit.
- what is the difference between "release date" and "year" on the edit details?
- Would be great to popup windows during/ after scraping to choose poster and fanart (I only tried the individual movie scraping yet, so I don't know how it is working with auto-pilot

I think it's enough for now Smile

1> I figured most people wouldn't want to see the plot if the movie just happens to be one they hadn't watched yet. That's why I put it at the bottom. If more people want it moved up, then I have no problem with that.

2> Can't really do anything about that. I did some work to the poster downloading in 018 to only download the posters marked as "mid" from TMDB, then you select which size you want. However, IMPA doesn't mark the sizes of their images so it doesn't work for them. And I didn't do it for Fanart because of the "Select movies to add to \extrathumbs" thingy... wasn't sure if people would want different sizes for that. If not, then I can just have it always download the largest available.

3> Just what I pulled from IMDB. *shrug* lol The year is pulled from the ()'s in the title and the release date is pulled from "Release date:" I'm not sure if they'll ever be different (movie made in one year, but released in another) so I just threw them both in.

4> It already does that for the "Ask" modes. Wink In Auto modes, it tries to find the best match for whatever you selected in the settings for your preferred image sizes.

olympia Wrote:Well, I think the key is:
http://www.movieposterdb.com

I think you should definetly include this one Smile

I thought mpdb was a paid service, no? If not, I'll add it.

sumofatguy Wrote:17 works well for me, except for some reason full-auto update doesn't do anything (no log either), but update only-auto works. Not quite sure why this is, but using this mode it gave me fanart.jpg, movie.nfo and movie.tbn. Thats awesome! It's coming along nicely, works well and scrapes fast! I'm liking it... I think its about time to release it to my whole movie collection and have it clean the folders as well Eek

edit: ran it on a network folder, and it loaded the movies fine, but failed to clean the folders (auto-pilot:clean folders - folder.jpg, <movie>.tbn, <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>.nfo)

I ran it on a mapped network drive if that makes any difference, and this is the error I got:

Should all be fixed (with improvements) in 018. Let me know!

AnalogKid Wrote:This is the neatest manager I've come across yet.... its tidy and fast and does what it says on the tin!! superb.

I'm still playing with it, but a couple of comments so far:

1) would be nice to have a checkbox column for 'subtitles'
2) might be nice to have checkbox columns user specified files
3) it's not at all clear when a 'save' is happening... I think an explicit 'save button' after an edit is more reassuring (and less fearful that if you screw up, the app hasn't already saved it!)
4) might be nice to see all the 'active' artwork for a movie (fanart, poster etc)
5) not sure if there are 'glitches' in the handling of stacked movies... need to check this for sure

I must again say "SUPERB". It truly is. No criticism of the other efforts, but as you say some seem to have grown and grown and become difficult to manage. A rewrite is usually twice as simple, half the size, and twice as manageable.

Thank you very much for the compliments and suggestions.

1/2> I'll add custom file listings to the To Do list

3> Save only happens when you hit "OK" in the Edit Movie dialog or during any of the scrapers. Should I rename "OK" to "Save"?

4> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. It already does display the poster and fanart for the selected movie.

5> Me either. LOL

sumofatguy Wrote:After using it a bit for my whole movie collection, I really like how simple and quick it is to use. I do have a few comments though thus far which may already be in the works, but I just thought I would mention them:

1. Ignore the folder $RECYCLE.BIN
2. Maybe have the location of the selected movie displayed in the bottom status bar (ie h:\HD\movie)
3. Auto-rescan when, for instance, a movie is missing fanart and you add it manually
4. Have a 'recently added' checkbox above/below the list of movies for easy changes to new movies

Other than those for now, its working wonderfully for me! Good work

Thanks!

1> Done (and more) in 018

2> Done in 018

3> Done in 018

4> How would it know what has been recently added? I could keep a db of all the movies... but that just adds to the overhead. If you want to know which ones don't have nfos, just sort by the "Info" column in the media list. Wink

AnalogKid Wrote:Ok, the issue with stacked movies is that <moviename> - CDx causes the app to assume there's no nfo, and no poster, although it does find fanart... strange!

In such a circumstance, the nfo will be <moviename>.nfo without the ' - CDx' part.

I think if you can omit the '-CDx' or ' - CDx' it'll work fine. You might have to check for all variants of stacking formats, but I think those two are the most common.

Another minor point... if you've downloaded an NFO for a file, or artwork etc via the app, then it might be worth updating the checkbox to show that it now exists (otherwise, you have to do a rescan to update the indicators correctly)

And finally (for the moment), it looks like you're using case sensitive string matching to see if NFO's and tbn's exist etc... I'd recommended insensitive matching, but I can see this might be deliberate too...

Ok... I don't have any multi-part movies, so I've never had to deal with this... just to make sure I understand, in both file mode and folder mode they'll be something like this:

<filename>-CD1.avi
<filename>-CD2.avi
<filename>.nfo/.tbn/-fanart.jpg

Is that correct? Would there ever be a situation in folder mode where each avi is in a separate folder like this:

Movies\
- MovieTitle\
- - MovieTitle-CD1\
- - - <filename>-CD1.avi
- - MovieTitle-CD2\
- - - <filename>-CD2.avi
- - <filename>.nfo/.tbn/-fanart.jpg

If so... do the extra files use the filename of the movie or the movie title from the folder? I guess I'll have to do some reading in the Wiki to see all the supported structures and file names. lol

AnalogKid Wrote:You did WANT feedback right? ;-)

lol Yes, the more the better!
nul7 Wrote:4> How would it know what has been recently added? I could keep a db of all the movies... but that just adds to the overhead. If you want to know which ones don't have nfos, just sort by the "Info" column in the media list. Wink

Perhaps have an "added this session" feature which just keeps track of (and allows you to filter by) movies that were added since the program opened. Once the program closes it'd be lost, so no need to track state in a db or anything, and it'd allow people to find their newly added movies to double-check their contents.
problems in .18...

looks like if using VIDEO_TS folder it does not work?
- when I place the files in the root of the folder, like "I Am Legend" it works fine.

I must manually select each movie and scrape or the media flags do not show... autopilot does not grab them?

btw... I love this clean layout... way better than MiP!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
midgetspy Wrote:Perhaps have an "added this session" feature which just keeps track of (and allows you to filter by) movies that were added since the program opened. Once the program closes it'd be lost, so no need to track state in a db or anything, and it'd allow people to find their newly added movies to double-check their contents.

How about I keep a list of movies in the settings.xml to compare to? That would make it quick/easy to load from and save to. Save on program close and before re-scanning movies. After scanning is done, compare the old list to the new list and mark any new ones. I can mark them as green in the list or something. What do you think?

Livin Wrote:problems in .18...

looks like if using VIDEO_TS folder it does not work?
- when I place the files in the root of the folder, like "I Am Legend" it works fine.

I must manually select each movie and scrape or the media flags do not show... autopilot does not grab them?

btw... I love this clean layout... way better than MiP!

Media flags should be updated with the full auto-pilots (and with the update auto-pilots if no info already exists). I'll look into it.

What is the folder structure for VIDEO_TS folders? I don't use direct rips so I have no clue. lol

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: I checked on the Media Flags, and it all works for me. Is there anything in your error log?
Another request: on the poster browser, can you show the dimensions (so I know which to pick)?

EDIT: It seems it isn't saving my posters/fanart. I choose them in the "Edit Movie" dialog, they appear in the window and get saved to a Temp folder in my UMM dir, but then it never gets moved to my movie folder, the Temp folder just vanishes.

EDIT2: Choosing "Large" size does nothing, I get no download dialog and nothing changes. X-Large works fine (for posters).

Code:
Title: Error
Parameter name: requestUriString
StackTrace:    at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
   at Ultimate_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.DownloadSinglePic(String sURL, Image& tImage)
   at Ultimate_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 08/05/2009 7:16:57 PM
midgetspy Wrote:Another request: on the poster browser, can you show the dimensions (so I know which to pick)?

EDIT: It seems it isn't saving my posters/fanart. I choose them in the "Edit Movie" dialog, they appear in the window and get saved to a Temp folder in my UMM dir, but then it never gets moved to my movie folder, the Temp folder just vanishes.

EDIT2: Choosing "Large" size does nothing, I get no download dialog and nothing changes. X-Large works fine (for posters).

Code:
Title: Error
Parameter name: requestUriString
StackTrace:    at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
   at Ultimate_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.DownloadSinglePic(String sURL, Image& tImage)
   at Ultimate_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 08/05/2009 7:16:57 PM

In order to show the dimensions, I'd have to download the file. The reason that area was recoded was to reduce download times by only downloading the "mid" poster from TMDB then downloading the selected size later. I guess we could put it to a vote... Show more info and display all the posters, but have a longer wait to download all of them OR have a shorter wait, only downloading the mid size posters, but not show as much info.

EDIT: And thanks for letting me know about the large posters... I fixed that for 019
Just do it the way you have it but then download them and update the sizes as they come in. Because as it currently is it's extraordinarily annoying to download one, open it to check the size, try again etc. until I find one that is high res, hehe.

EDIT: It keeps saving <movie>-fanart.jpg, <movie>.nfo, and "poster.tbn" instead of fanart.jpg, movie.nfo, and movie.tbn. Is there a setting for this somewhere?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24