• 18(current)
Universal Media Companion, (a unified media manager), who wants to help code this?
fekker Wrote:currently testing movie core items and scraping, also tv show reading (but not scraping via the ui yet).

the server and remote clients work, it's a test form and not feature complete

for me it all makes sense Big Grin if your smart enough to ask, you'll be fine.

Server and Client .. that's unknown for Media manager ... is there FAQ or some kind of Wiki for this yet ? or readme how it all is supposed to work ?
I'm actually one of those who RTFM :-)

EDIT -> i tried to read Wiki thats on your page but boy is that akward page... is that a FRAME i'm seeing ?
Therms Wrote:I can't register on your forum. Gives me the following error when I try to log in:

Code:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx/libraries/openid/Auth/OpenID/Consumer.php on line 166: require_once(Auth/OpenID.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Auth/OpenID.php' (include_path='/home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx/libraries/openid//home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx') in /home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx/libraries/openid/Auth/OpenID/Consumer.php on line 166

looks like the openid link isn't working, try just creating a standard account

Quote:Server and Client .. that's unknown for Media manager ... is there FAQ or some kind of Wiki for this yet ? or readme how it all is supposed to work ?
I'm actually one of those who RTFM :-)

EDIT -> i tried to read Wiki thats on your page but boy is that akward page... is that a FRAME i'm seeing ?
the wiki is still a work in progress, it contains a bunch of dev level info from when we started the project.

as for other documentation, there's not really much that's out there yet, there is some helpfull info in the forums, which later will become more of a how to use things wiki

server and client components
- the idea is remote management of your collection over a tcp connection, with the work being done on the server. This will allow the client form to be used on one system and the work be done on another. (think connecting from school/work to manage your collection) image downloads and scraping are done on the server, the client is just displaying the data

There's also a web interface that can be loaded on handhelds and pretty much anything that can display a page, but keep the work at the server. Those are not ready for testing as they are still being created.

The server isn't installed as a service/daemon right now since it's alot easier for us to debug when it's just running as an app, the service/daemon part is easy enough and will be added when it's api is completed.

Here's what I tell myself, manage your media, from most anywhere, using just about anything. There's lots still to be done, but the team is working hard on getting things together.
ok cool. Something along the sabnzbd+ lines then but for Media management ... i can controll sabnzbd from just about anywhere , from just about anything ( iphone , mac , windows , linux ) with almost limitless abilities to expand. post processing script to trigger UMX somehow would be killer :-)

I read most of the posts on the UMX forums and couldnt find info how UMX will detect new shows in their respective directories. I already have sabnzbd+ move/rename/sort all my media ( very very awesome part of sabnzbd+ are categories ) so i wouldnt use UMX for that. How would UMX detect and scrape/create nfos ? I imagine on filesystem level it would be difficult on 3 platforms so it will use scheduled scanner of some sort ?
fekker Wrote:----------------------------------------------
**UPDATE Nov 3, 2009**
Team umX website and forums are up and running at [url]www.teamumx.org[/url]

Your link is messed up. I think you need to move the bold designations outside of the URL designations.

David
dleach Wrote:Your link is messed up. I think you need to move the bold designations outside of the URL designations.

David

good catch, fixed it.
Bram77 Wrote:You do have a point. But I think something some drastic changes would have to be implemented to replace the need for an application like this. The biggest advantage for me is that the fanart, folder / season en nfo files are stored in the directory where the video files are. XBMC is built on a different philosophy.
But this would mean all shares would have to have read/write rights to be able to use the functionality which might not always be preferable.

I'd rather not tamper with storing the supplemental files the media folder in any way. If I had a vote, the media manager should work natively with XBMC's database and other info stored in the userdata folder. But I can see some others wanting it the other way, so maybe both options would be best?

Cheers
The REAL Joe
fekker Wrote:that's in the design spec, not sure of all the details of how it'll work yet, but we are researching it.

I believe XBNE can edit the database directly, I just updated several genres exactly as clock2113 described (closed XBMC, edited, reloaded XBMC and the changes were there with no reload or refresh necessary).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59800

Maybe Vincent81 can help with the research/insight?

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Well, since the XBMC devs have repeatedly said they have no interest in ever adding offline media management to XBMC itself, I'd like to add a request for good, *functional* off-line media cataloging. There are 2 scenarios that need to be handled - DVD's (standard discs) versus media either stored on disc or removable harddrives, etc (since they are subtle different from eachother) - and some options that could be implemented.

Media could be handled just the same as XBMC scans them now - In the days before harddrives were this cheap, when my main media drive filled up, I started archiving the files to DVD's, but stored in exactly the same format as they are on the HD, eg. "Movie.Name.1987.DVDRip.XviD.avi" or "Movie.Name,1987.720p.BluRay.x264.mkv" etc.

XBMC has no problem scanning these files and getting the correct info to scrape with just from the file name, it's over 99% accurate, and also reads the media specs from the file itself, so if I just insert disc after disc with these files on, it would be nice to just quickly capture the filenames and file specs (codec, etc), and let me enter the disc number, storing all that for later scraping as a batch. Once it's scraped, I guess small 'dummy' video files would need to be made and stored with the main online media (possibly with an indicator of the disc number) so that XBMC doesn't delete the newly added files next time it cleans up the database, unless there is another way around that. Ember Media Manager does something similar to this, although it's not as intuitive as it doesn't scan file names or file specs, it's totally manual.

DVD's are just slightly different in that the user would generally need to enter the title, and if known, the date, so that the scraper has something to work with. Otherwise it could work the same as described above for media, check the file specs and store the names and disc number for later batch scraping.

An option for quicker entry of the data could be to just read the names of the files in from a text or csv file, and forgo actual file spec scanning (maybe an option to do that later) since I've cataloged all of my offline media and DVD's in an excel spreadsheet that just simply cross-references the file name(s) or movie name (for DVD's) with a disc number. That could quickly get the scraped IMDb movie info and disc number references into the database, and give me the option to read the codecs etc later if I'm interested.

Food for thought, but I believe that a good, functional offline manager would be a great addition to XBMC and the Universal Media Manager.

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity to make this suggestion.
The REAL Joe
if you would, please post a feature request over in our forums for offline media, i'm sure it can be added, just a matter of figuring out the logic behind how it will work best.

Vincent81 is on the team, we could use someone that speaks French natively to help coordinate items.

.mkv has some really promising options, like being able to add the metadata and the images right in the file. there's progress being made on that front.
any word on when this will start getting released for download? would like to test it out.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:any word on when this will start getting released for download? would like to test it out.

Check out our forum at http://www.teamumx.com/forum/
You need to visit the "Testing" board (at the very bottom) and let us know that you would like to test the pre-alpha releases. We will then add you to the tester group and you will be able to see the download links of the releases.

Of course you can also do an SVN checkout with the latest changes and compile it yourself. The project is hosted on SourceForge and you can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/universalmc/
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hey mate,

tried to download the mac version, but the content has exe files, so I think it's packed wrongly... Can you look into it?

Neme.
Nemesis7 Wrote:Hey mate,

tried to download the mac version, but the content has exe files, so I think it's packed wrongly... Can you look into it?

Neme.

Actually it isn't ;-) But I admit it is confusing. You need to have the latest version of Mono installed and then run the .exe files with "mono <filename>.exe". For now it is this way because it is easiest and fastest to create but we aim to provide platform specific "launch scripts" so that there is no such confusion anymore.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the reply, downloading Mono right now Smile
Montellese Wrote:Actually it isn't ;-) But I admit it is confusing. You need to have the latest version of Mono installed and then run the .exe files with "mono <filename>.exe". For now it is this way because it is easiest and fastest to create but we aim to provide platform specific "launch scripts" so that there is no such confusion anymore.

I tried this with umm_osx_1-1.0.0.612 but the application crashes on startup when trying to run ummClient.exe ummServer.exe start without any problems.

mac os x 10.6

Code:
scott:~ scott$ mono /Users/scott/Downloads/umm_osx_1-1.0.0.612/ummClient.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.6.4/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at devtestform.frmUMMTestForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) devtestform.frmUMMTestForm:.ctor ()
  at devtestform.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
scott:~ scott$
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Media Companion, (a unified media manager), who wants to help code this?3