DVBLink (by DVBLogic) PVR client for XBMC - Maybe a new way to watch Live TV in XBMC?
Lightbulb 
hi!

has anyone heard about the new dvblink by dvblogic?
with it you can watch livetv in media center via dvbdream, dreambox, and so on in background (like a backend server).

is it possible to integrate it somehow in xmbc? it would be a nice way for windows users

sorry for my english ;D
It would be great if anyone could integrate the DVBLink tuner functionality in XBMC, they have released their API details at http://dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10939

I've only just found xbmc, having used windows media center for the past 5+ years, have to say that the interface is looking extremely good, and I'm considering moving from the Dark Side... however would need this functionality to be in place, as the wife won't accept less than perfect!

Thanks
Tony
Hi guys, I would love to see XBMC 'talking' to the DVBLink API as well.

I would donate to such a project for the lack of my own skills!
K405 Wrote:Hi guys, I would love to see XBMC 'talking' to the DVBLink API as well.

I would donate to such a project for the lack of my own skills!

Well the next version 11 codename "Eden" will have unified PVR front-end
Alot of new function and so on for the tv part. Check out this link for more info: http://trac.xbmc.org/milestone/11.0%20%28%22Eden%22%29

If you cant wait then look at the pvr2 or vdr branch. Search for it in the forum and you will find more info.

Cheers mates
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
alex84 Wrote:Well the next version 11 codename "Eden" will have unified PVR front-end
Alot of new function and so on for the tv part. Check out this link for more info: http://trac.xbmc.org/milestone/11.0%20%28%22Eden%22%29

If you cant wait then look at the pvr2 or vdr branch. Search for it in the forum and you will find more info.

Cheers mates

Wow! How appropriate, Eden Big Grin
Guess I have to wait just a little longer :p

Will definitely have to donate XBMC FTW!
Hello all.
I have a lite problem with XBMC.

My Server system:
Pentium 4 windows 2003 server with a skystar HD and DVBlink Server plus DVBlink Network Server.

My clients: Windows 7 plus Microsoft Media Center. (Everything OK)
Second Client: MacOS and XBMC (problem open stream)
third Client: XBMC live CD (Problem open stream)

My problem is this: I made several tests and can say 100% shore that my problem is not DVBlink but xbmc. more than 80% times that i open a upnp channel, xbmc don't open the channel and give me a error opening stream.
But i try to use other upnp players like vlc and asus oplay (hdr1) and works 100%

So i made more tests and i think the problem is the internal dvd player from xbmc. It can decode 100% de upnp stream. I also tried creating a m3u file with the url and same problem.

Can anyone help me Huh
Hi,

iam using DVD-Link from DVB Logic in my home network to watch tv on various devices including xbmc on 4 PCs/HTPCs/Netbooks, a HD-Mediaplayer and an android phone. Its runs very stabile.

A better support of DVB Link in XBMX would be very fine. Including a new top category folder "TV" where the UPNP channels can be stored with jpg-logos.

I think that we will not see an stabile unified PVR front-end in XBMC which will run under Windows (without linux) in the next 12 month.

My favorite would be an open source tool like DVB-Link which streams DVB data to LAN/WLAN with full integration in XBMC.

SpenZerX
Would love to have an xbmc client for dvblogic software as well. The network pack is extremely stable way more so then the media portal client. Would love to see intergration into xbmc. Live tv is the only thing that is holding me back from using xbmc full time instead of windows 7 media center. I have suggested this on the dvblogic forum as well.Hopefully the unified pvr team will see this and consider it cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink (by DVBLogic) PVR client for XBMC - Maybe a new way to watch Live TV in XBMC?0