[LINUX] Original Xbox Remote Control (DVD Kit dongle) wake up from suspend via USB?
Question 
Hi

Im using the original xbox remote and dongle which i converted to usb. Im wondering if anybody has managed to resume from suspend using the original mcrosoft xbox remote. I have setup scripts to restart lirc and xbmc on resume and added echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup to rc.local, so everything works as it should after resume. The system wakes up using a usb keyboard or the power button but not the remote. Im starting to think maybe its a hardware limitation of the ir reciever dongle. Any help would be appreciated.

hardware
asus p5n7a-vm
intel E8400
2bg ram
ubuntu jaunty

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:Hi

Im using the original xbox remote and dongle which i converted to usb. Im wondering if anybody has managed to resume from suspend using the original mcrosoft xbox remote. I have setup scripts to restart lirc and xbmc on resume and added echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup to rc.local, so everything works as it should after resume. The system wakes up using a usb keyboard or the power button but not the remote. Im starting to think maybe its a hardware limitation of the ir reciever dongle. Any help would be appreciated.

hardware
asus p5n7a-vm
intel E8400
2bg ram
ubuntu jaunty

cheers

Have you tried this? That worked for me.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote#S3...end_To_RAM

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
soder Wrote:Have you tried this? That worked for me.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote#S3...end_To_RAM

/Söder

The above wont work on its own for the XBOX Dongle. At least, not in karmic. Maybe this works in jaunty? Im going to try sticking a hub into the mix and see what happens, but Im thinking that the dongle hardware simply doesnt support it? Chances are it will require some serious jiggerypokery in the Suspend-To-RAM config.

No
Hi.
I also soldered the xbox remote to usb, and I also can't wake up from S3 or even sometimes it starts immediately again after going to sleep.
Is someone using this remote on linux pc and wake up works?

thx
f
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
I suspect the dongle is sort of powered down, since you dont have a power button on the remote.

On the xbox you had to add a special "reciver" to get the xbox to power up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Original Xbox Remote Control (DVD Kit dongle) wake up from suspend via USB?0