• 4(current)
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX
does the inclusion of libdts mean that dts audio cd's are an option now as well?
just curious... :idea:
i personally dont know yet, guess it depends how much work is required to make it work.

but someone said that cdplayback doesnt use mplayer, but another (special) core, and then i believe it's far from happening anytime soon
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

audio cd's don't use mplayer for reproduce it.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
and ripped dts cd wav's?? same for those?
ripped dts-cd wavs use mplayer, so you might be lucky.

i'm not sure how mplayer/libdts detects whether an audio track is dts though, so it still may not work.

feel free to try it out though.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

fyi, the change in mplayer cvs is this:
Quote:dts support via lavc and libdts
patch by aurelien jacobs ( aurel at gnuage dot org )
dts in wav by me
can you test it and write your experiences?
in my case work fine but i don't know if dts wav (it detected as is/i have a decoder) and i use my dll (i don't have time to test it with official... when go home i test Smile)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
it plays ripped wavs from dts-cd's but it's downmixed to stereo. i'm using ezars 18-08 dll, i'm a little confused which mplayer dll from where does what at the moment :lookaround:
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
mvoosten: why do you care about dts cds if you don't have a dts decoder? they are going to sound no better, and probably worse than a normal cd when decoded and downmixed to stereo. if you do have a dts decoder, the issue is whether we can enable passthrough for dts audio cds, not libdts...
(poing @ aug. 19 2004,18:55 Wrote:mvoosten: why do you care about dts cds if you don't have a dts decoder? they are going to sound no better, and probably worse than a normal cd when decoded and downmixed to stereo. if you do have a dts decoder, the issue is whether we can enable passthrough for dts audio cds, not libdts...
i do have a dts decoder though...
haven't played with the latest dll yet so wasn't aware it was downmixed to stereo... too bad, but at least a start. passtrough would be awesome though!
passthrough for dts-cd's is not possible on the xbox(44.1 khz->passthrough on the xbox must be 48 khz).
it sounds very ok to me downmixed to stereo, would be nicer if it was decoded as 6 channel but anything is better than not playing at all Wink
guybrushes 19-08 dll from nightfall doesn't play these wav's btw.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
as it is being decoded, i'd actually assume that it's probably decoding all channels. it's probably the mplayer->xbmc interface that is reducing it to two.

i'm starting to look into this now, as it needs reorganizing due to the new support for dts.

(jmarshall @ aug. 19 2004,19:22 Wrote:as it is being decoded, i'd actually assume that it's probably decoding all channels.  it's probably the mplayer->xbmc interface that is reducing it to two.

i'm starting to look into this now, as it needs reorganizing due to the new support for dts.
:kickass:
are there any new codecs from the essentials pack that we can use with mplayer or are they just the same as before.

i know they are not all supported but i didn't see in the thread a list of specific
hello,

tested the new mplayer.dll especialy dts feature.
first if file is .wav it is not decoded. if it is dts it is decoded right (only downmix to stereo but ok). bad thing is that vob's with dts are decoded as well. output switches to dolby-digital and dts is played, so xbox decodes dts encodes it in ac3, not realy as it sould be ;-).

i found that playing mp3's is stuttering sometimes but at the moment i am not shure if it is my network/server or some error in mplayer.dll

greetings
rivendel
ok, here are my findings with new mplayer from 08-18 xbmc cvs

ff with mp3 worked ok at up to 4x also, after that it goes crazy fast :nuts:
rw doesnt work okay with mp3, that would go so fast with pre4 also.
rw seems to be ok for avi/mpg

audio seems desynched for mov files. at least one,
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/avp/a...e_m320.mov
but it seems slightly with others too

one error while trying to play a file:
20-08-2004 19:02:31 notice -----------------------------------------------------------------------
20-08-2004 19:02:31 notice starting...
20-08-2004 19:02:31 notice q is mapped to:harddisk0\partition6\apps\xbmc
20-08-2004 19:02:31 notice load settings...
20-08-2004 19:02:31 notice loading t:\settings.xml
20-08-2004 19:02:31 notice loading q:\xboxmediacenter.xml
20-08-2004 19:02:31 warning not initializing network, using settings as they are setup by dashboard
20-08-2004 19:02:33 error unable to load:q:\skin\mediacenter\pal\dialogvolumebar.xml
20-08-2004 19:02:34 error unable to load:q:\skin\mediacenter\pal\pointer.xml
20-08-2004 19:02:44 error cmplayer::openfile() f:\video\movies\elf.dvdrip.xvid-brutus\b-elf.avi failed

i reported an error earlier. with pre4 it would play but the subs where sometimes displayed and sometimes not. with the new version it sometimes freezes xbmc completely....

here's another:
20-08-2004 19:06:36 error cmplayer::openfile() f:\video\movies\american.wedding.unrated.ws-diamond\dmd-awu.avi failed

had a problem with that one before, .idx/sub is 36mb and multilanguage. the movie played with pre4, but subs werent showing.

more info here:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=5552
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX0