• 6(current)
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX
ezar2003, what is your latest mplayer.dll nightly build? where can i download it ?

thanks
(baerbel @ aug. 22 2004,00:32 Wrote:@ravemax did you test gundam-seed: gundam seed 02 by kaa?

on my system, at time index 9.22 i get massive slowdowns and image/sound out of sync, for a couple of seconds. this is, when sound is turned on (had to add format 0xff to the libfaad section of codec conf of a 08-20 build). mplayer.dll is mplayer_20040820 from ezar2003.

i tested an older mplayer.dll from ezar2003 too, which had the same problem (08-16).

there is no slowdown, if the sound isn't decoded.

@guybrush: i never had crashes with older dlls. just didn't have sound for those 'aac in avi' files.

cu
hey i also get fansubs from kaa and ive talked to some of the encoders and they say its more likely the encodes will have problems on xbox since they think there enodes only run good on comp systems over 1.5 ghz

Quote:the cpu isn't powerful 'nuff for our encodes (we set the codec to complex).. and with aac.. pow! uber frame dropping Sad

thats what one of the encoders said to me although i dont have many issues with there enodes sept for a few ( i dont have gundamn sorry) but the ones i do get issues in are normaly pretty bad. but i agree with the encoder it is probably power issues. i uploaded this sample of kaa encode so that you guys could test it out here > http://www.nagmine.com/cbbtest.avi now if u play it on mplayer on pc it plays fine but on the xbox the frames drop sp much its almost impossible to watch... although those are only hyperspace scenes so it isnt like it ruins the show. im sure this is the same issue ur getting with the gundamn episodes too much stuff going on the screen and the xbox cant handel it. thats my theory or i guess it could just be there encodes

nagmine
this file:
use mp3lib and wmv3 (windows mv 9).

selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib mpeg layer-2, layer-3)
selected video codec: [wmv3]

in video codecs have two dlls
Quote:videocodec wmv9dmo - tested: working
info "windows media video 9 dmo"
status working
fourcc wmv3
driver dmo
dll "wmv9dmod.dll"
guid 0x724bb6a4, 0xe526, 0x450f, 0xaf, 0xfa, 0xab, 0x9b, 0x45, 0x12, 0x91, 0x11
out yv12 ;,i420,iyuv
out yuy2,uyvy
out bgr32,bgr24,bgr16 ;,bgr15
Quote:
videocodec wmvdmo - tested: working
info "windows media video dmo"
status working
fourcc wmv1,wmv1
fourcc wmv2,wmv2
fourcc wmv3,wmv3
fourcc wmvp,wmvp
driver dmo
dll "wmvdmod.dll"
guid 0x82d353df, 0x90bd, 0x4382, 0x8b, 0xc2, 0x3f, 0x61, 0x92, 0xb7, 0x6e, 0x34
out yv12 ;,i420,iyuv
out yuy2,uyvy
out bgr32,bgr24,bgr16 ;,bgr15

it work better with wmv9dmod.dll but is still drop frames...

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yeah so its pretty much power issues then?
noticed something abut the recent fix for fast forwarding by guybrush.

if analog output is selected it works fine, 8x and faster works great.

however if digital output is selected for the audio 8x and up works pretty much as badly as it did before the fix.
i'm using ezar2003's mplayer.dll but i'm having problem auto-display idx, sub format subtitles if it is not at index 0. i have to go to the gui, a manually set it to active before it work although there is only 1 subtitle but not in index 0.

i have no problem with the mplayer.dll that is compiled from the cvs.

or is this a problem of xbmc and not mplayer.dll
about dts .wav playback

i've tried playback of dts .wav files (many of them, i 've quite a few) using the latest version of mplayer (the one that's capable of reading dts 44,1 khz) implemented on xbmc-2004-09-03 and latest built from 2004-09-25

indeed i do not get the white noise any more; the signal seems to be well read by mplayer.

however instead of being output as a digital 48 khz ac3 to sp/dif passthrough, it is sent to my receiver as a pcm signal. note that this pcm conversion somehow looses information particularily i do not get rear channels (right nor left) properly .

i noticed as well that some tracks would not play at all.

i know this dts .wav playback function is quite new + still under working progress but i felt sharing my experience

thxs in advance for enabling spdif passthrough for those dts .wav playback

lud
and i assume this pcm is 2ch? atleast thats what i've found, here it's 2 channels, but i havent verified if it's pcm yet
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@ pike + any other intersted in dts .wav  (i.e. dts audio cds) playback

actually i did some more testing. i was a bit too enthousiastic yesterday when i first tried the new mplayer and discovered that xbmc can play all my dts .wav files. and i missed some fine tuning.

what works currently is the pcm mode providing you set xbmc audio output to analog. all this makes 100% sense since pcm is an analog filtering method. when i tried yesterday i got some buggy stuff because my output was set to digital, i had not tested with analog output

now what i get with pcm (on an analog output) is decent pcm stuff, i.e. sound is indeed spread on my 5 channels + woof but i loose a lot (if not all) of the beauty of listening to dts audio.

what really rocks with dts audio is the fact that channels are completely separated and u get to rediscover old / new tracks (when they are really remastered not just crappy sacd reedit), because your ear can easily focus on one instrument (guitar on rear channels with bass, drums and vocals on front channels for example on shine on u crazy diamonds from the floyds). some artists have even pushed it further by incroporating circular effects going from front left to front right, then rear right and rear left (hear money from the floyd or latest jm jarre aero dvd)

so to fully take benefit from dts .wav, pcm is not enough, we need xbmc to be able to provide receivers with a digital output thanks to standard spdif passthrough. i doubt the digital signal can be decoded by receiver as a genuine dts signal (the way it is decoded when you play a dts cdrs with a standalone dvd player) since xbmc resampled everything in 48 khz. however there should be a way the signal is sent by xbmc and recognized by receivers as if it were an ac3 (dd)signal

i dunno how though that is for xbmc developpers but this is where we should aim to fully enjoy dts audio playback on xbmc.

i'd be happy to provide help for futher testing whenever. unfortunately i can't help for coding, i have no coding experience whatso ever...

cheers and again well done to everyone

lud

ps : for those who never listened to dts audio here is a web site legal (free of any copyright) dts files.

http://www.sr.se/multikanal/english/e_index.stm

this is not the best i heard (santana or the floyd are much more amazing but they do cost...) however that's good for a start and for free :-)
problem is, we cannot passthru any signal that isnt 48khz!!
and since there's no opensource dts encoder (heck, there's hardly a dts decoder, there's just dtsdec/libdts) we must decode it, resample and send as ac3 5.1. this is the way it's supposed to work, but there seems to be issues with ffdts in mplayer. i filed a bugreport here where i try and depict the problem.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

@ pike.

i thought that, since xbmc is already capable of playing dts .wav files (even if only in analog /pcm mode) that  meant that the signal had already been somehow decoded + upsampled from 44.1 to 48 khz.

how can xbmc read the signal if it is still in 44.1 khz ? i thought that the sound chip from the xbox mobo was only 48 khz compatible (as are all standard integrated sound chip such as nforce 2) ?!?

anyway reading u, it seems it is going to be quite complicated to implement the passthrough. if so then maybe it's not worth spending too much time on this issue. i do not think there are so many people willing to listen to dts .wav files with their xbox on this planet :-)

anyway if possible with little time cost i'd be happy to hear / test it
passthrough can not be implemented for other then 48khz (which already exists) for everything else dts is decoded by the internal core (mplayer, the xbox hardware isn't involved) and then reencoded to ac3 on output. however right now something is not correct with the decoding.

dts software decode then encode back to ac3 has been full functional in cvs since today with multichannel full seperation

you need to compile new mplayer.dll yourself, will soon be in next point 1.1 release

(monkeyhappy @ oct. 13 2004,14:03 Wrote:dts software decode then encode back to ac3 has been full functional in cvs since today with multichannel full seperation

you need to compile new mplayer.dll yourself, will soon be in next point 1.1 release
nice!! Nod
nice, if only post processing would be fixed now Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX0