• 7(current)
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX
(striker @ oct. 14 2004,12:33 Wrote:nice, if only post processing would be fixed now Smile
and what are you doing to help resolve this issue? Huh

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....g;st=57
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

dts software decode then encode back to ac3 has been full functional in cvs since today with multichannel full seperation

you need to compile new mplayer.dll yourself, will soon be in next point 1.1 release
Quote:waouw. that's awesom news. i look forward to get my own build and check this
it's not fully functional yet, some issues has been found, but please try it :lol:
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(pike @ oct. 14 2004,12:11 Wrote:and what are you doing to help resolve this issue? Huh
reading 5 pages, and figuring out how i can help Wink
i just finished retrieving xbmc fresh new cvs and did some testing with the dts audio digital output playback to a dts receiver.

unless i did something wrong i am afraid i do not hear any difference with what i heard last sept 30th.

here are my spec :
- built from today at 15h00 with vs 2003, sdk dec 2003 and summer update
- mplayer 2004-08-22 from ezrar (thxs to him). i could not succeed in retrieveing mplyare cvs myself. too lame for that

here is what i here (same as last test done 2004.09.30
- with audio ouput to digital : buggy /choppy sound. mplayer sometimes plays tracks (never more than 5-10 sec) then stops/ skips to next track
- with audio ouput to analog : mplayer does play decently but ouput to receiver in pcm mode i.e. useless with dts audio files

note that i have a lot of dts audio files burnt on dvds and that even in analog mode xbmc tends to dislike playback from dvdrom compared to files streamed from pc through smb. it's the 1st time i see that. for all divx stored on dvd i see no difference between playback from the xbox dvd player and /or pc hdd streaming. ?

if i did something wrong (like too old mplayer dll or too soon retrieve from sourceforge) please advise.

i'd be happy to do some more testing till this stuff works and thank you those skilfull who get into the code...

ludo
yes, you need a more up to date dll - either build mplayer.dll from our cvs archive (there are instructions in the online manual) or wait for it to be placed in cvs.

(jmarshall @ oct. 14 2004,15:58 Wrote:yes, you need a more up to date dll - either build mplayer.dll from our cvs archive (there are instructions in the online manual) or wait for it to be placed in cvs.

thanks for the info. i tried compiling my own fresh build fro mplayer.
i did install msys, mingw + replaced the bin and lib dirs. i tried 3 times to build withmsys but at the 'make' stage i always get an error as follow :

#########################################
######## please run ./configure again - it 's changed####
make *** [config.h]error 1

i tried as well to follow instructions from jake luck on the online manual last part of the tutorial but did not get more success

i must be too lame :-(

as i really would love to test this new dtsaudio function, does anybody know when an updated version of mplayer.dll will be added on xbmc repository or anybody has a hint to succeed building it

thxs

ludo
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...ayer&v=x0i

follow that step by step and you end up with a compiled dll! tested myself yesterday so i know it works

(pike @ oct. 14 2004,22:39 Wrote:http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...ayer&v=x0i

follow that step by step and you end up with a compiled dll! tested myself yesterday so i know it works
Quote:http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...ayer&v=x0i

@ pike / jm marschall

further to pike's post, i deleted all my dir with mplayer, minsys, mingw and restarted the install from the very beginning after a reboot to be sure. so here's what i did :
1/ install mingw 3.1.0-1 (used link from online manual)
2/ install minsys 1.0.10 (used link from online manual)
3/ replaced bin and lib folders in mingw root with rar download suggested in the online manual
4/ retrieved mplayer using wincvs 1.3 (i know it's not turtoise but it does the job for xbmc nicely). win cvs indeed retrieved 27.7 mo from sourceforge...
5/ launched minsys as per xbmc online manual
6/ the ./configurexbmc works as described in the manual
7/ here comes the failure again and again (see below message i get) :

######## please run ./configure again - it 's changed####
make *** [config.h]error 1

i do not what what i did wrong i followed precisely the online manual (at list for the 1st part of the tutorial)

so far i did not get the 2nd part of it to work (the one from jack luck see below

--------------------------------------
latest update on:
http://10k.org/jake/xbox/howto-build-xbm...yerdll.txt

how to build mplayer.dll for xbox media center

================================= by jake luck < xbmc @ 10k . org >

tested with
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
windows xp pro
min gw? 3.1.0–1
msys 1.0.9
xmbc/mplayer cvs tree on 2004–08–01
1) install min gw?
2) install msys, specify min gw? location
when prompted
3) copy in your xbox direct x header files into the source tree
to : xbmcsys/xbox
4) modify libvo/vo_directx.c
change : #include <ddraw.h>
to : #include «xbox/ddraw.h»
5) launch msys. make sure that it is not using your cygwin's profile
your path should look something like this:
path=.:/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin:/c/program files/ microsoft xbox
sdk/xbox/bin:/c/windows/system32:/c/windows: /c/windows/system32/wbem
6) do make in the mplayer directory
after the system has built all the object codes,
the compile will fail in the last stage. the final
error output should be :
gcc -i/e/xbox/zinst/mplayer/xbmcsys -i../libvo/ -i../../libvo -o4
-march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -d_xbox
-d_largefile_source -d_file_offset_bits=64 -ilibmpdemux -iloader -ilibvo -o
mplayer mplayer.o mp_msg.o cpudetect.o codec-cfg.o spudec.o playtree.o
playtreeparser.o asxparser.o vobsub.o subreader.o sub_cc.o find_sub.o
m_config.o m_option.o parser-cfg.o m_struct.o unrarlib.o mixer.o
parser-mpcmd.o xbmc.o libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a
mp3lib/libmp3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a loader/driver.o
loader/vfl.o loader/afl.o loader/dshow/libds_filter.a
loader/dmo/libdmo_filter.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a
input/libinput.a postproc/libswscale.a osdep/libosdep.a -llibmpdvdkit2
-lmpdvdkit libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavformat/libavformat.a -llibmad -lmad
-logg -lvorbis -logg -lxvid -lxvidcore -lm -lws2_32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -ladvapi32
-lole32 libfaad2/libfaad2.a -lws2_32 -rdynamic -lm
e:\min gw?\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2.3\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot find -lvorbis
gcc.exe: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
make: *** [mplayer] error 1

7) now run the “makedll” script to generate the mplayer.dll

8) replace the mplayer.dll in your xbmc distribution with the
freshly built copy

9) if you are adding a new codec, remember also to modify the following files
in the xbmc tree to reflect your new file format and extension.

xbox media center.xml?
mplayer/codecs.conf

copyright 2004 jake luck, all rights reserved.

--------------------

@ pike : is this this part of the tutorial that i should follow to solve my problem.

sorry guys to bother you again but i 'd really like to solve this issue :-)
where in that does it say replece the bin/lib dirsHuh it says overwrite. not the same thing. you should keep the dirs and just exact the new files into thos dirs.. ie overwrite any existing files.

(elupus @ oct. 15 2004,11:27 Wrote:where in that does it say replece the bin/lib dirsHuh it says overwrite. not the same thing. you should keep the dirs and just exact the new files into thos dirs.. ie overwrite any existing files.

@elupus :point taken i used a wrong wording in my last post. when i wrote replaced i meant overwritten.

of course each time i did the install i overwrote bin and lib dirs not replaced. ok i am lame but that much :-)

as your post gave me doubts i did once again a fresh new install and again the command ../configurexbmc works but i get an error at the 'make' command stage

by the way i do not know if this is linked but when i look in my c:\mplayer dir where i retrieved data from sourceforge i see no file named 'make' in the root whereas i see one named 'configurexbmc'. there's one too named 'makefile' but trying to use this one with msys didn't help. is this normal that there s no 'make' file ?

at this stage i am totally lost, having tripled checked everything and not obtaining improvement. unless someone finds out that there is indeed something missing in new cvs i'll have to wait for a new build of mplayer.dll

@pike u said u built your own mplayer.dll yesterday. anychance you post it in this thread since i believe there's no copyright involved ? i'd sincerely prefer finding out why i f...ed up my own buiding but i feel too desperate at this point
me again :-)

haven't solved my mplayer building issue but...

... i was fortunate enough to 'get' an mplayer build dated from 2004.10.13 found here :

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....g;st=57

(just click on ezrar2003's link and erase '<br>' at the end of the link:-)

- thanks again to ezrar2003 -

guess what : i am now listening to dts .wav files with xbmc, well decoded as dd by my reciver (ie upsampled by xbmc/mpalyer from 44,1 khz dts to 48 khz).

because good news never come alone, i found out that only very few of my files (approx. 1 out of 5 actually) are well played by xbmc. the majority are just silenced, ie receiver does not recive dd signal, there is no sound only the time is running on xbmc for 10 sec and then it skips to the next track until it finds a track than is well played.

i tried to find a logic why some tracks are well played and some aren't but it seems bizarre. i could play a big track > 200 mo while some 1,5 mo would fail. note that wether the file is located on xbox hd, pc hd or dvd player from pc or dvdplayer on the xbox does not change. some tracks are 'liked' wherever they're played from some aren't...

id' be happy to give examples of tracks that fail / succeed but i don't want to get into warez issues.

so waiting for instructions

maybe the instability i get is due to the mplayer build i have but it seems to be pretty recent (according to the dates in it's read me) :-)

lud
i'm not sure if ezar has added the dts fixes that is added to our mplayer in xbmc cvs

but i also found clips from sveriges radio's multichannel testpage, that didnt play correctly.

but a clip that does play correctly is

http://www.sr.se/laddahem/multikanal/dts...cs_dts.zip

:bowdown:

a bug have been find in mplayer file open handling, for short filenames which < 10 character will not be play correctly

pls check if it is true you have short filename for those dts files.

cvs have been updated this morning for this bug.

(monkeyhappy @ oct. 15 2004,21:42 Wrote:a bug have been find in mplayer file open handling, for short filenames which < 10 character will not be play correctly

pls check if it is true you have short filename for those dts files.

cvs have been updated this morning for this bug.
i can confirm that... just tested and indeed <10 chars don't play even from the same cd set where >10 do play.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX0