Removing the question mark for unknown studio tags?
Is there a way to get rid of the question marks that appear when I dont have studio info?
Why does everyone keep asking the same questions?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50344 <--- 2nd post section 2.2B

Next time please use the search function or check the sticky threads first and e.g. read the one named FAQ.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Greetings! The post that you referred to does not answer his question. Toggling the "media flags" on/off would entirely disable them. I think phonics just wants to remove the question mark "?" when he is just missing the studio info for a film but has the rest of the necessary flags available.

My first guess is that you should check "Includes_MediaFlags.xml" " Viewtype_Showcase.xml" and "strings.xml" in the Aeon directory to start with. I'm not sure why you want to remove the question marks. I find it very useful in order to quickly see if you are missing a flag info. You could instead just replace the studio flags with for example movie runtime or star-ratings etc. if you are just missing your studio info for most your films. Cheers
It answers it perfectly actually -

Quote:2.2B Is there a way to turn off all the "?" icons if I don't have media flags configured?

Yes, the default "?" icons can be turned off (they will be replaced by blank spaces) in the settings under Customization -> Advanced -> Views, or by toggling Flags: On/Off from the library menu bar.
Here is the option that you need, you can find it under Settings -> Customize -> Advanced -> Views just like Hitcher said.

AhuraMazda Wrote:Greetings! The post that you referred to does not answer his question. Toggling the "media flags" on/off would entirely disable them. I think phonics just wants to remove the question mark "?" when he is just missing the studio info for a film but has the rest of the necessary flags available.

Like Hitcher pointed out it does exactly what he's asking for. I use it myself as I find these question marks disturbing. It's a good way to tell the user "hey there could be some further information displayed here but you're files lack the needed information" but apart from that there is not much use to it in my opinion.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Star 
Hitcher Wrote:It answers it perfectly actually -

Greetings Montellese & Hitcher, sorry that was my mistake, I was reading between the lines this very early day. I always thought that by doing so it would disable the entire media flags. I just tried it out and it works great. Thanks. Runtime instead of studio logos is much more useful in my opinion =] Cheers
Well the answer given in the FAQ includes two possibilities:

1. Turning on/off the DEFAULT media flag icons (which obviously are the question marks and what was asked for in this thread)
2. Turning on/off all media flag icons (which is what you understood)

So you were not completely mistaken Wink
Montellese Wrote:Well the answer given in the FAQ includes two possibilities:

1. Turning on/off the DEFAULT media flag icons (which obviously are the question marks and what was asked for in this thread)
2. Turning on/off all media flag icons (which is what you understood)

So you were not completely mistaken Wink

Good point, I have revised the FAQ to make this a bit more clear (programmers are nothing if not sticklers for accurate boolean logic!)
Montellese Wrote:Why does everyone keep asking the same questions?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50344 <--- 2nd post section 2.2B

Next time please use the search function or check the sticky threads first and e.g. read the one named FAQ.

Sorry my searching skills just returned pages and pages of studio flags posts.

Thanks for the help
nice to know there is an option. I have just been making a blank .png file and replacing the ? icon with the blank png.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Question 
OK smart guys, and how do I do that in Dharma (Night Skin).
I don't wan't to disable all the studio symbols, I just don't want to see an icon when the studio is unknown (the famous question mark)
Thx!
Question 
?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing the question mark for unknown studio tags?0