Trouble getting movie.nfo to work
Hi,

I have an avi file (Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra) that I want to appear in my Movies section along with my other Bill Bailey stand-up comedy.

It's not in IMDB yet, so it does not get picked up when I perform an update library.

My movies are in a separate folder for each movie. I have created a Movie.nfo in the appropriate folder with this information in it:

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra</title>
    <rating>6</rating>
    <year>2009</year>
    <top250></top250>
    <votes></votes>
    <outline>Bill Bailey joins forces with Anne Dudley and the BBC Concert Orchestra for an evening of his music and comedy. Using both contemporary and classical references, Bill Bailey explains, in his unique and hilarious way, the nuances of how the orchestra works and the lesser-known influences of various classical composers. Also included are some of his own original works, rearranged and performed by himself and the orchestra under the guidance of musical maestro Anne Dudley.</outline>
    <plot></plot>
    <tagline></tagline>
    <runtime>60 min</runtime>
    <thumb></thumb>
    <mpaa></mpaa>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <watched>false</watched>
    <id></id>
    <filtenameandpath>I:\Movies\Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra (2009)\Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra (2009).avi</filenameandpath>
    <trailer></trailer>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <credits></credits>
    <director></director>
    <actor></actor>
</movie>

I added all the blank tags as part of troubleshooting.

The entry still doesn't appear in my Library when I update. The xbmc.log file shows that a library update took place, but doesn't generate any errors or clue as to why it is not found.

How do I troubleshoot to find out what is going on?

Incidentally, the filename is "Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra (2009).avi". I have tried creating an nfo with the name "Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra (2009).nfo", but it still didn't work.

Thanks,
Spanner
Try -

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <title>Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra</title>
    <rating>6</rating>
    <year>2009</year>
    <top250></top250>
    <votes></votes>
    <outline>Bill Bailey joins forces with Anne Dudley and the BBC Concert Orchestra for an evening of his music and comedy. Using both contemporary and classical references, Bill Bailey explains, in his unique and hilarious way, the nuances of how the orchestra works and the lesser-known influences of various classical composers. Also included are some of his own original works, rearranged and performed by himself and the orchestra under the guidance of musical maestro Anne Dudley.</outline>
    <plot></plot>
    <tagline></tagline>
    <runtime>60 min</runtime>
    <thumb></thumb>
    <mpaa></mpaa>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <watched>false</watched>
    <id></id>
    <filtenameandpath>I:\Movies\Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra (2009)\Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra (2009).avi</filenameandpath>
    <trailer></trailer>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <credits></credits>
    <director></director>
    <actor></actor>
</movie>
As always, a debug log (see my sig) is the key.
What happens if you press info on the file in question?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=94641&lid=7

TV Show
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hitting info on the .avi in file mode did bring up the correct information from the .nfo, hitting reload was then enough to make it show up in Library view.

I had also added the XML hitcher had described - so not sure which was the actual solution.

Xexe - I had already mentioned I wanted it in my Movie selection so it was with my other Bill Bailey stand-up.

Cheers,
Spanner

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble getting movie.nfo to work0