A big thank you but a slight problem with tv series in apple tv
apple tv version 2.3
xbmc atlantis

I absolutely love this for the apple TV. After running the patchstick enabling usb etc I now have all my music and 100 odd dvds stored on an attached 1 tb WD external drive.Very stable. no network vagaries.

The experience for music and movies is fabulous with interesting album/artist/movie director titbits fan art etc. It really has a professional appeal.

It is remarkable you guys have made this all available to me for nothing when kaledescape would want £5000 for equivalent functionality.

Thanks guys!

The only place where I struggle is with TV series. All mine are ripped in videots format from DVDs I have purchased. As yet I dont know how or where to download from as none of the normal sites seem to have available downloads. As you can tell Im a noob to all this

I store them on the WD with the following file structure

WD
TVSeries
----Fame
------------------Series 1
----------------------VideoTSs01e01
----------------------VideoTSs01e02
etc
Nothing seems to make the scrapers work.
Any advice or should I just ISO the dvds and treat them as films.
Its just with the movie experience being so good I know an equivalent excellent TV experience must just be around the corner but currently beyond my grasp!

Nod
Anyone who has any advice?
support on atlantis has ended.

that being said; you need to do regular expressions which matches your naming scheme; see <tvshowmatching> in the wiki advancedsettings.xml documentation.

also have a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614 maybe one of them matches your scheme already.
shuggy Wrote:apple tv version 2.3
xbmc atlantis

I store them on the WD with the following file structure

WD
TVSeries
----Fame
------------------Series 1
----------------------VideoTSs01e01
----------------------VideoTSs01e02

Nod

Mine are also ripped DVD. I just ripped the episodes into 1 large VOB for
each episode.

I then renamed the VTS_01_1.VOB created from each episode ripped to:

episodename1 - S01E01
episodename2 - S01E02
episodename3 - S01E03

and put them in the Season 1 directory (or whichever season you are working on).

My directory structure is just like yours above.

I am using Babylon rather than Atlantis.
I have my scraper set to TVDB and when in doubt, go to their website and see how they want the file named so it can match up easily.

Hope this helped....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A big thank you but a slight problem with tv series in apple tv0