need help Setting up HTPC+XBMC+Harmony One
Hi there i looked @ alot of tutorials but they are all very confusing
can anyone plzz help me to setup a htpc with XBMC + Harmony One

I am Using WinXP SP3
i bought the folowing IR reciever:

IR Remote Control+Receiver 4 Microsoft Media Center MCE

Manny thnx in advance !!!
This looks like the Adesso ARC-1100 remote? If true this receiver won't work with the MCE plug-in in EventGhost because the Adesso is not a true MCE remote and it's codes are not compatible. It does an OK job controlling Media Center but not XBMC via EG.

You might want to try using IR Server Suite...

I have Harmony + EG + XBMC and it works beautifully but I had to buy a real MCE receiver. There are a ton of cheap emulators like this one that only work with Media Center.
i dont know what this is i bought it on ebay cause it said IR receiver and harmony one oly works on IR
dolgan Wrote:This looks like the Adesso ARC-1100 remote? If true this receiver won't work with the MCE plug-in in EventGhost because the Adesso is not a true MCE remote and it's codes are not compatible. It does an OK job controlling Media Center but not XBMC via EG.

You might want to try using IR Server Suite...

I have Harmony + EG + XBMC and it works beautifully but I had to buy a real MCE receiver. There are a ton of cheap emulators like this one that only work with Media Center.

the problem is:

i instaled both EventGhost_0.3.7.r1016_Setup and IR Server Suite
and then i dont know what to do u get to much info and its so confusing.
i managed to get xbmc to work with the IR port and the remote thad came with ir port now i am trying to get the harmony to work instead of the onther ir remote but i dont know how, any help how to configure ?

i am using: IR Server Suite
How do you have your Harmony configured? Normally you would set it up as a MCE remote. As Dolgan said your existing remote isn't a true MCE remote. Use the Harmony software you can setup a new device. Have your Harmony connected to your computer and you will be able to learn all of the IR signals off your existing remote. The Harmony will then mimic your remote and should work with the settings you have in IR Server and XBMC.
Justice Wrote:i managed to get xbmc to work with the IR port and the remote thad came with ir port now i am trying to get the harmony to work instead of the onther ir remote but i dont know how, any help how to configure ?

i am using: IR Server Suite

Can you provide info on how you did this? I have the same remote and the same problem.
BradP Wrote:Can you provide info on how you did this? I have the same remote and the same problem.

1. Install XBMC
2. Install the latest IR Server Suite
3. start Virtual remote
4. Start XBMC and u can use the remote
Justice Wrote:1. Install XBMC
2. Install the latest IR Server Suite
3. start Virtual remote
4. Start XBMC and u can use the remote

What about settings under the Input Service Configuration?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help Setting up HTPC+XBMC+Harmony One0