smoothvideo - where is it
Hi,

requesting some support please.
I just upgraded to SVN rev.20873. Made a clean recompile.
I just read about the new smoothvideo options in the developer musings and wanted to try out. But none of the new options is there under the Video settings... Shouldn't it be there now or did I missunderstand something?

ubuntu mini 8.04, linux kernel 2.6.24-24-generic
XBMC 9.04.1 r20873
gpu: nvidia g9400, having VDPAU enabled
Smoothvideo is not the name of the options, it was the name of the branch which implemented them. See the first post in the thread discussing the smoothvideo merge to mainline for a good description of what the settings do. I presume you know where the search button is.
althekiller Wrote:Smoothvideo is not the name of the options, it was the name of the branch which implemented them. See the first post in the thread discussing the smoothvideo merge to mainline for a good description of what the settings do. I presume you know where the search button is.

Yes, I know it. I am old enough. Smile
I already read that thread, but I don't see the 4 options mentioned there ("Sync playback to display".....).

Already switched to English US-language to exclude that its a language issue. But no, they are not there. The Debug Log shows nothing interesting.
They're in settings > video > player. If not, make sure you're actually running the version you think you are. See log or system info.
mmmh, system info and log say I'm on revision 20873, just ike expected.
Could it be I'm on a wrong branch? svn info gives me:

URL: https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...win32/XBMC
Yes, that's the wrong branch. You want branches/linuxport.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, linuxport-branch works fine. Thanks to you both! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smoothvideo - where is it0