• 6(current)
Luemmel's DVD-Ripper Script - Python Development Discussion (Linux, Mac, and Windows)
Hello Scripters ....

If found this ...

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_w...rogressbar

I would like to implement a progress bar for a ripping process ....
Has anyone a code-snippet to display the progress of a long duration copy ?
(Not from a url .... it is a local copy from dvd to rip-directory )

I have the filename to monitor ....
I have the final-size it should have on the disk
Thanks
Hans
http://rapidshare.com/files/276101477/st...o.xml.html

Interesting project, so i did a translation into norwegian. I havent tried the script though.
i got it installed on on Ubuntu 9.04 (2.6.27.10) and XBMC svn 22954 and i did a rip and a transcode, but my problem is now that i can not do another rip. when i try to start another rip it tells me "ripping job is active" (although i have tried restarting the machine and still same msg) and when i select "kill active rip-job...." it tries it gives an error saying "paython script failed: spcial://home/scripts/My Scripts/dvd-red/default.py"

im guessing i have to change that path somewhere to the correct one? or what?

Edit: found it... there were 3 files in my home directory that i deleted manually and then it worked. Im going to do another rip and see if these files will remain after the rip is completed or will be deleted automatically ..
megacrypto Wrote:i got it installed on on Ubuntu 9.04 (2.6.27.10) and XBMC svn 22954 and i did a rip and a transcode, but my problem is now that i can not do another rip. when i try to start another rip it tells me "ripping job is active" (although i have tried restarting the machine and still same msg) and when i select "kill active rip-job...." it tries it gives an error saying "paython script failed: spcial://home/scripts/My Scripts/dvd-red/default.py"

im guessing i have to change that path somewhere to the correct one? or what?

Edit: found it... there were 3 files in my home directory that i deleted manually and then it worked. Im going to do another rip and see if these files will remain after the rip is completed or will be deleted automatically ..

Yes this was a bug it is allready fixed with 0.5H
This is a part from changelog 0.5H
Code:
- Logical Error removed .... If the dd script was killed
                       by hand or any other reason was not finished properly the
                       following files inside the home directory remains and
                       therefore the rip-menu comes not up longer to the screen.

RIPPING_STARTET
                       RIPPING_FILE
                       RIPPING_PREVIEW
                       RIPPING_SIZE

If the dd process is not running and the file are inside
                       the home directory ... the files are removed.

RIPPING_SIZE is new since 0.5H (progress.bar)
Release 0.5H is soon ready ....

Thanks for the feedback and happy ripping
Regards
Hans
Please correct me if i'm wrong but is this script only for ripping (compressed ) a DVD ?

Can it do a full/exact copy of a DVD9?

Even better if it can prompt me at which title i want to do an exact copy. You know, so i can remove all the advertise junk at the beginning of the movie

I have lots of good DVD9 movies that i wish to keep an exact backup for maintaining the PQ.

Thanks

ps. Currently i do this by command. I make a shell script of :
$ cd movies
$ vobcopy -v -m /media/cdrom0
$ cd <MOVIE Folder>
$ mkisofs -v -dvd-video -o ../MOVIE_Name.iso .
mamexp Wrote:Please correct me if i'm wrong but is this script only for ripping (compressed ) a DVD ?

Can it do a full/exact copy of a DVD9?

Yes it can ;-)
When can I expect 0.5H?
I'd like to integrate it in XBMScript Smile
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
flxfxp Wrote:When can I expect 0.5H?
I'd like to integrate it in XBMScript Smile

it is allmost finished ... I have to integrate the cancel and the progress-bar to the
network part over netcat ....
I had a few problems with signalig back progress and send forward the cancel
button to the master and slave.

In this week I have 2 free-days ... expect the release on the next saturday
Best regards
Hans
Sounds great! By the way, when I want to rip an iso it does find the dvd and parses the name, but when i execute ripp it says: Error by execution of the dd command.Log-file (dvdimport.log). I can't find that logfile anywhere, I've followed your steps in the red pill readme. Executing "ssh xbmc@localhost ./dvdrip.sh /dev/scd0 /data/Videos change-me.iso
" gives blank output.

Any ideas?
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
flxfxp Wrote:Sounds great! By the way, when I want to rip an iso it does find the dvd and parses the name, but when i execute ripp it says: Error by execution of the dd command.Log-file (dvdimport.log). I can't find that logfile anywhere, I've followed your steps in the red pill readme. Executing "ssh xbmc@localhost ./dvdrip.sh /dev/scd0 /data/Videos change-me.iso
" gives blank output.

Any ideas?

Could you start it manually ? not over ssh ...

do as user :
Code:
cd
./dvdrip.sh /dev/scd0 /data/Videos change-me.iso
do you have any output ?

Do you have write-access to /data/Videos ?
Could you send back the messages from the script ?

Regards
Hans
HI I have just tried your plugin but have but got the following script error.

path to ssh-scripts : C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\programs\dvd-ripper/ssh/
13:39:09 T:5428 M:683794432 NOTICE: pre-9.10 r23120
13:39:09 T:5428 M:683794432 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:39:09 T:5428 M:683794432 NOTICE: File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\programs\dvd-ripper\default.py", line 1875, in ?
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: system = os.uname()
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: AttributeError
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: :
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: 'module' object has no attribute 'uname'
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
13:39:11 T:3852 M:686710784 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://programs/dvd-ripper/
13:39:11 T:3852 M:686702592 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://programs/dvd-ripper/) failed

I'm running DX build with vista 64 bit os if that helps narrow it down?

Thanks
Broads Wrote:HI I have just tried your plugin but have but got the following script error.

path to ssh-scripts : C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\programs\dvd-ripper/ssh/
13:39:09 T:5428 M:683794432 NOTICE: pre-9.10 r23120
13:39:09 T:5428 M:683794432 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:39:09 T:5428 M:683794432 NOTICE: File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\programs\dvd-ripper\default.py", line 1875, in ?
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: system = os.uname()
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: AttributeError
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: :
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 NOTICE: 'module' object has no attribute 'uname'
13:39:09 T:5428 M:684085248 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
13:39:11 T:3852 M:686710784 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://programs/dvd-ripper/
13:39:11 T:3852 M:686702592 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://programs/dvd-ripper/) failed

I'm running DX build with vista 64 bit os if that helps narrow it down?

Thanks

My script is not a plugin .... it is a script ....

pre-9.10 r23120 ?
I only do develop the script with stable version 9.04.1 (32 Bit) but from the
above message I would say that with the function os.uname is something wrong ....

is there anyone using my script on a 64 bit os ?
I could not test this ...
Maybe the python function os.uname is not working properly on this build ?

regards from switzerland
Hans
Has anyone tried this script with W7? I can't get it to work, the cmd prompt appears and adds an event to the scheduler with argument: if=\?\Device\CdRom0 of=C:\dvdrips\moviename.iso bs=2048

which to me looks correct, and the dvd_dir is according to the list which I get via DD --list

Any ideas anyone?
havde Wrote:Has anyone tried this script with W7? I can't get it to work, the cmd prompt appears and adds an event to the scheduler with argument: if=\?\Device\CdRom0 of=C:\dvdrips\moviename.iso bs=2048

which to me looks correct, and the dvd_dir is according to the list which I get via DD --list

Any ideas anyone?

On windows xp the entry is :

c:\windows\system32\dd.exe if=\?\Device\CdRom0 of=C:\dvdrips\moviename.iso bs=2048

Regards Hans
linuxluemmel Wrote:On windows xp the entry is :

c:\windows\system32\dd.exe if=\?\Device\CdRom0 of=C:\dvdrips\moviename.iso bs=2048

Regards Hans

That's the same entry I have in W7, but it never starts. So it adds the entry to the scheduler but never starts...and I don't understand why not.
My steps:
1. Download, extract and copy dd.exe to c:\windows\system32\
2. Download, extract and copy script (bluepill) to xbmc scripts folder
3. Insert DVD, start watching inside XBMC.
4. While DVD is playing, start script dvd_blue and choose rip to iso
5. Choose device, rip location, file name, and confirm run script
6. A command prompt appears and says "A new event has been added with IDxx" - command prompt closes.
7. Nothing else happens....

Appreciate any help... Smile
Br
havde
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Luemmel's DVD-Ripper Script - Python Development Discussion (Linux, Mac, and Windows)0