XBMC - shortcut for next file/episode?
Hi,

My specs here again:

System: Intel Quad Core Q9400 at 3.0Hz
Memory: 8GB
Hard drive ~ 4TB
Video card: GTX 260
XBMC: ppa version (9.10 R20844) with MediaStream 1.00

In the case of a series movie which contains many episodes, how do I skip the current episode to get the next episode, like the button ">>" in normal remote of DVD player? I know I can skip by running the movie faster, but I still find "next episode" is really helpful.

Thanks,

D.
You mean "scenes"?
What sort of file?
What control method?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:You mean "scenes"?
What sort of file?
What control method?

Sorry if I do not make it clear. For example, in the same movie "Transporter", there are some files like Transporter-CD01.avi, Transporter-CD02.avi etc..., and if I am at CD01, how do I skip the CD01 and get to the next CD02 one?

Thanks,

D.
If they're stacked (which they should be) you just seek through the file as you normally do - they're played "seamless".
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Turning off Treat stacked files as single file is probably your best bet, and then use skip.
There used to be an option to play each part as you selected that movie with that off (haven't seen it in a while though).
Who else can we double-team Smile

How about this, one feeds correct info, the other complete bollocks.
That way we completely throw them off.

(Since you probably have more prestige, I suggest you do the BS Smile )
sho Wrote:Turning off Treat stacked files as single file is probably your best bet, and then use skip.
There used to be an option to play each part as you selected that movie with that off (haven't seen it in a while though).

Ah I see it now. Can we have both the features together (Stacked files and skip each file)? They are both really nice and helpful (specially when you play series movies, or TV Shows)? Or can I modify something with the keymap to have both features?

Thanks,

D.
sho Wrote:How about this, one feeds correct info, the other complete bollocks.
That way we completely throw them off.

(Since you probably have more prestige, I suggest you do the BS Smile )

Am I lost? I dont really get what you guys are saying.

D.
As far as i remember, they will still be stacked (it's not the same as turning stacking on/off), they will just be treated as a playlist instead of one virtual file.

dukevn Wrote:Am I lost? I dont really get what you guys are saying.

D.
Good, then I have succeded.
(Please disregard that, it has nothing to do with the matter at hand Smile ).
sho Wrote:As far as i remember, they will still be stacked (it's not the same as turning stacking on/off), they will just be treated as a playlist instead of one virtual file.
My bad Smile. I meant the Resume feature. If those files are not stacked, then Resume to some time does not do any thing.
sho Wrote:Good, then I have succeded.
(Please disregard that, it has nothing to do with the matter at hand Smile ).

I know, but I try to understand why. I am not native English speaker anyway, and there are many times I get lost like that Smile.

D.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - shortcut for next file/episode?0