[WINDOWS] Where do I look to see about memory display and temps
Here is another way .. It seems that speedfan has the abilty to log temperature information to a file .. you can set that up via configuration ..

We can now use some command line ulity to parse that log file and retrieve temperature information .. We pass that commandline as a parameter to xbmc advancedsettings "cputempcommand". This is currently allowed only for linux but can be easily enabled for windows.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Speedfan, Everest, GPU-Z all have the ability to log to a file. That was what I was lookin at using when I started asking about this, but got so busy with other things I totally spaced it off Sad Glad to see others picking up the torch and moving forward.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
CrashX Wrote:Here is another way .. It seems that speedfan has the abilty to log temperature information to a file .. you can set that up via configuration ..

We can now use some command line ulity to parse that log file and retrieve temperature information .. We pass that commandline as a parameter to xbmc advancedsettings "cputempcommand". This is currently allowed only for linux but can be easily enabled for windows.
I'm pretty sure it is enabled on windows too. I'm still unsure why anyone would want to put an intermediate step when speedfan has the SMA though.

EDIT: Booooo it isn't enabled in win32. Haha if I remove the ifdef from it, it works with a 50k speedfan reader, but a console window opens on top of XBMC for a split second.
CapnBry:-

We need to find a generic way to solve this problem without writing custom code in xbmc.

Wiso:-

Can you please remove if define for CGUIInfoManager::GetSystemHeatInfo(int info) so that it works on windows as well:

Code:
#if defined(_LINUX)
    m_cpuTemp = g_cpuInfo.getTemperature();
    m_gpuTemp = GetGPUTemperature();
#endif
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Thanks for the code CapnBry but you're right I don't like this kind of custom third party code.

@CrashX: I can enable it if you confirm it to be working. I'm to lazy to test it Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Thanks for the code CapnBry but you're right I don't like this kind of custom third party code.

@CrashX: I can enable it if you confirm it to be working. I'm to lazy to test it Smile
I said above, it does work but throws up a quick console window. However it's not supposed to work (because it calls _popen which the API docs say "If used in a Windows program, the _popen function returns an invalid file pointer that causes the program to stop responding indefinitely").

If you really think it is useful I can write a class that returns the output of a console-redirected program in a CStdString, which then can be used in CCPUInfo::getTemperature().
Not really. It would be ok if it would work out of the box but I don't think we should put effort in it.
But I'm open for suggestions (and code) if this "feature" is really wanted Nod
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Wiso:-

Since popen isn't suppose to work on windows why not write our own though which works on all OS...
As said I don't see it as a nice solution and won't put effort in it.
However if you and CapnBry put something nice together I wouldn't deny implementing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Where do I look to see about memory display and temps0