[windows] Force HDMI Connection
I realize this is not an XBMC thing, but have scrubbed the internet and found no solution, so I'm hoping one of the HTPC gang can help.

My HDMI projector is separated from my XBMC HTPC by a 4x2 matrix switch. When my HTPC boots, it doesn't see my TV, and thus I have to go through a whole ordeal every time. It's an Abit AN-M2HD motherboard with onboard NVidia w/ HDMI out. Latest NVidia firmware.

Anyone aware how to make an Nvidia card constantly send video through HDMI, even if the TV isn't connected? I know Gefen makes a HDMI Detective that remembers the EDID, but I would think there is a software solution.
Mabye this can help? http://thydzik.com/tag/hdmion/

I use it to trigger the HDMI, or my TV just shows "no signal" if it was not on the right source before the HTPC was turned on
Have you look in your bios. It usually tells you what your primary video source is. Also if you disable the other video drivers it will force it (once in windows) to always to into HDMI.
fandel Wrote:Have you look in your bios. It usually tells you what your primary video source is. Also if you disable the other video drivers it will force it (once in windows) to always to into HDMI.

Hmmm, I'll check my BIOS when I get home & see if I can select HDMI. But my guess is if it doesn't see HDMI on boot, it will still not work when I later switch to my HDMI projector.
Please update on how you get on as I also have this problem with my setup

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] Force HDMI Connection0