How to enable movie information with folder
I set the infolabels like this:

Code:
def addDir(name,url,mode,iconimage,plot):
        u=sys.argv[0]+"?url="+urllib.quote_plus(url)+"&mode="+str(mode)+"&name="+urllib.quote_plus(name)
        ok=True
        liz=xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage="DefaultFolder.png", thumbnailImage=iconimage)
        liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title" : name, "Director": "Test Man", "Genre" : "Love", "Plot" : plot, "PlotOutline" : plot } )
        ok=xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]),url=u,listitem=liz,isFolder=True)
        return ok

But xbmc can't show the movie information, only set isFolder=False can do. How to enable movie information with folder.
Add a ticket to trac, including information as to why you are wanting this.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

makes no sense. a folder is not a movie
spiff Wrote:makes no sense. a folder is not a movie

I'm writing a video plugin for PPS.tv(PPStream). The movies on this site may be splitted in severl parts, and tv may have lots of episodes. So I load the movie list as folders, and each folder contain the movie parts or tv episodes.
So I want to treat the movie folder as a movie.
i see. wouldn't a stack be more suitable for those movies?

anyways, this isn't just for plugins, it's a general thing. a movie is a file and not a folder. if the code in question is passed a folder, it looks for the first video file within that folder to find the info to show.
Longer term, with stuff like grouping (essentially similar to stacking, but treating a bunch of movies (eg the Bond movies) as a folder for navigation purposes) wouldn't we still want this ability?

Agreed that the "Movie information" dialog doesn't make sense necessarily in this case (particular as it is setup at the moment), but having listitem.* stuff working for these grouped items might still be useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

spiff Wrote:i see. wouldn't a stack be more suitable for those movies?

anyways, this isn't just for plugins, it's a general thing. a movie is a file and not a folder. if the code in question is passed a folder, it looks for the first video file within that folder to find the info to show.

I see, but for a virtual folder gether from website, the video file may be within it was not truely exist at that time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to enable movie information with folder0