Screen Stuttering on laptop
Before I build a new machine... I wanted to confirm that I needed to do that on this forum.

Laptop specifics - HP Pavilion dv9700, Amd Turion 64 x2 2.10 GHz, 4 gig's of RAM, Vista Home Premium 64 bit, video card integrated Geforce 7150M/ nForce 630...

XBMC 9.04.1 (June 2, 2009)with Mediastream.

I am trying to run some ripped movies and they are stuttering every 5 to 10 seconds... the video has to catch up with itself. This is when I just try to watch this on my laptop screen. I looked up the video card and it says it should be able to play 720p. I don't understand that a dvd player with less computing power of a computer can play these files just fine... I would think that my laptop could handle the processing also. I am playing mkv files. I tried them on an external firewire harddrive and also directly off the internal hard drive.

I disabled the triple buffering and did the set xbmc video settings to auto and then pressing \ to make full sceen. This did not help.

Any suggestions other than build a dedicated machine?

Thanks for the help. I tried to read and search as much as I could. My head is spinning from all the options. :confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Stuttering on laptop0