Key mapping/remote control question!!!
Greetings all,

At the moment I'm trying to configure my IR remote to work with xbmc and I'm doing pretty good. Although, I can't find a few button string to map. Right now I'm looking for two:
  1. Is there any way to map the power button on the remote to activate the shutdown menu (which comes up by pressing "S" on the keyboard)?
  2. What's the button string for "Settings"?

I'm editing Lircmap.xml - is it the right file to work with? Any help would be very much appreciate. Cheers!!!
MacUsers Wrote:Greetings all,

At the moment I'm trying to configure my IR remote to work with xbmc and I'm doing pretty good. Although, I can't find a few button string to map. Right now I'm looking for two:
  1. Is there any way to map the power button on the remote to activate the shutdown menu (which comes up by pressing "S" on the keyboard)?
  2. What's the button string for "Settings"?

I'm editing Lircmap.xml - is it the right file to work with? Any help would be very much appreciate. Cheers!!!

It would be better to edit Keymap.xml, the actions you're looking for are:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)
XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie, thanks for your replay.
ronie Wrote:XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)
XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)
I don't see any "ShutdownMenu" available in the default Keymap.xml (i.e. /usr/share/xbmc/system/Keymap.xml) for remote but for Joystick and other devices. So, I assume, If I assign "XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)" to the <power> button that will do the job. Cheers!!
MacUsers Wrote:Hi ronie, thanks for your replay.
I don't see any "ShutdownMenu" available in the default Keymap.xml (i.e. /usr/share/xbmc/system/Keymap.xml) for remote but for Joystick and other devices. So, I assume, If I assign "XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)" to the <power> button that will do the job. Cheers!!

yep. :-)

best would be to copy the Keymap file to the ~/.xbmc/userdata folder,
so you don't have to make the modifications again everytime you update xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:best would be to copy the Keymap file to the ~/.xbmc/userdata folder,
Yeah, that's what I actually did and also modifying the file for remote and keyboard only. Just started using xbmc for couple of weeks, so loads to catch up with. Cheers!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Key mapping/remote control question!!!0