Update library without accessing scrapers - Option to only use NFO and local artwork?
jmarshall Wrote:That's a workaround, not a fix. I'm not opposed to it, but won't waste my time implementing it when it doesn't actually address the problem.

The problem is trivial to fix: Instead of storing the hash just for the directory, we store a hash per item. Thus, not only do we know when a directory may need rescanning, but we also know which items in that directory need rescanning. Ofcourse, there's no point implementing this fix at this point - I shall simply ensure that this is part of the new filescanners.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Gotcha... didn't know you guys created hashes for the directories, which is brilliant. Going to steal that idea. lol
jmarshall Wrote:The problem is trivial to fix: Instead of storing the hash just for the directory, we store a hash per item. Thus, not only do we know when a directory may need rescanning, but we also know which items in that directory need rescanning. Ofcourse, there's no point implementing this fix at this point - I shall simply ensure that this is part of the new filescanners.

Sounds great. Waiting for the new release then. This change would make a huge difference for me.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I deleted yesterday my movie source to get the lib updated. For 1000 movies its not that hard but for an TV Show lib with 8k episodes xbmc need ~ 5h to rescan al.
Why did you need to rescan your shows - wasn't just the movies broken?

Removing the movie source should have cleared just them out.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have 430 movies in movie named folders. Have used EMM to organise the collection so that each movie folder contains a NFO, a Cover/Poster .jpg, a Fanart.jpg and extrathumbs folder with 2 thumbs in each. All looks pretty and nice and neat. When I add that source to XBMC, will it import that data and not do its internal scrape? I was under the impression that it would. If it is kind of broken with the current development changes, is there a workaround?
jmarshall Wrote:Why did you need to rescan your shows - wasn't just the movies broken?

Removing the movie source should have cleared just them out.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I didnt say that i did rescan the shows Smile

I did it exact the way you mentioning.
Phew - was just thinking of thetvdb's bandwidth Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Has this feature been addressed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update library without accessing scrapers - Option to only use NFO and local artwork?0