Issues with Latest release of XBMC
Was prompted for an update today, as I am periodically. I did the linux install of XBMC. When complete I had a few situations where it didn't function properly. The main screen flashed many times. Happens. When playing a movie and then switching to a song via the web interface the last movie frame was not cleared even though the music was playing. When I quit the program the dialog that is presented that gives me the options for the different types of shutdown below it on the right is the power button icon. That became distorted. I keep my video drivers under Linux up to date so that is not likely the problem.

Just a heads up guys.
If you have a reproducible error, then please go about the usual troubleshooting methods (i.e. get a log, detail the bug thoroughly etc. etc.)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jimbo99 Wrote:When I quit the program the dialog that is presented that gives me the options for the different types of shutdown below it on the right is the power button icon. That became distorted. I keep my video drivers under Linux up to date so that is not likely the problem.

Just a heads up guys.

In fact all icons at the main window are defect (PM3 HD) atm but you see it only on the Fav and Power icon as the are bigger as the rest. I personaly dont have a clue how to find whats the problem but i think its Skin releated.
Please try another skin then, and see if anything changes, maybe you can narrow your problem down a bit.

Also, some tips:

"Latest Release of XBMC" does not mean anything, there are realeses everyday. Please include the revision number of the release you are referring to for more specific help.

Keeping your posts in the most relevant section instead of General Discussion will also help.
Good News! Installed r21524 this morning and BD playback is great. Playback is not jerky or blocking anymore (been having that problem for months), looks darn good. Only thing I noticed is dropped frames are significant. About 100 every 30 seconds or so. Makes the video not look as smooth as it should be. (But it does not jerk, guess ya'll figured out how to discard those jerky frames LOL!)

Major improvement for sure, I can now watch DB rips in mt2s format. Need to look at some BD in mkv format for a comparison.

CPU utilization when sd or bd is playing is <15% dual core. When XBMC is idle cpu1 is running on average 50% utilization while CPU0 is 0-2%. Go figure.

Video is set to VDPAU and auto refresh. No scaling, and I tried it with and without upscaling and no change to dropped frames.

Just wanted to let you know at least my good news.

Oh, and the video is set to full screen 1440X900 default and always comes up in a window (even if I stop one movie and start a new one, it always is in a small window). I have to hit the \ key to go full. Anyway around that?

Good job guys!
MrDVD Wrote:In fact all icons at the main window are defect (PM3 HD) atm but you see it only on the Fav and Power icon as the are bigger as the rest. I personaly dont have a clue how to find whats the problem but i think its Skin releated.

I can confirm this also with todays SVN-PPA. I believe its svn 21494 or there abouts. Was also present in the svn-ppa a few days ago. To help a little, its not the actual icon but the pulsating effect when its highlighted / selected. This is for all the menu items not just the FAV and power. Its just not as obvious due to the size of the left menu icons.

Zepp
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
we are aware of the bug.. it's the latest changes in xbmctex that makes some wierd corruption of images.
blittan Wrote:we are aware of the bug.. it's the latest changes in xbmctex that makes some wierd corruption of images.

Thx for confirming this. For me it starts with SVN from launchpad (svn21457).

Here a pic for ppl the didnt see it yet:
Compile texture.xpr with an older xbmctex should resolve that problem.. or using r21122
Or grab texture.xpr from the Windows SVN version. The images seems fine there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Latest release of XBMC0