Some minor suggestions
Hey, i think XBMC is great, and i have some few suggestions on areas that i personally think could be usefull. There might be something here that's already been suggested before, if there is, just skip that point.

* Make XBMC always choose the fanart image with the highest resolution available. Maybe this is how it's intended to work, but many times XBMC chooses fanart images that has lower resolution than some of the other alternatives. Also another thing that could be useful is in the menu where you manually choose what fanart image to download, if there was somesort of a info box that shows what the image resoultion is. Then it's easier to make your choice for some of the popular movies that has alot of different fanarts available.

* A way to create your own folders in the movies and tv shows libraries. What i mean, is that for example; I have alot of movie packs with triologies and up to four or five movies in a series, and i would like to create a folder for each movie pack, instead of having 6 Harry Potter movies showing up in a row when I'm browsing through my movie library. I would like to manually add a folder that i call Harry Potter, choose a fanart and thumb image for that folder, and move all the 6 movies into the folder.

Also in TV-shows, i have alot of national geographic mini series that the
the scrapers won't find. But i have around 50 of these mini series, so here it
would be really nice to just add a folder named National Geographic, and then
i could manually add all the little episodes into this folder.

* An option for manually adding episodes for TV-shows. I have the Band of Brothers series, but XBMC won't find the episodes. I know if I name them S01E01 etc, then it will be found, but I'm also seeding this files to a torrent tracker, so if i edit the file names, i can't seed them properly.
Also, this would be great for the previous suggestion, where i have some smaller TV-series that the scrapers don't find, it would be nice to manually add these files and make folders and find fanarts etc myself.

* Maybe a feature in the movie info page that shows if a movie is in the IMDB top 250 ranking, and what ranking it's at. Not necessary at all, but it could be coolSmile

* Maybe this already exists, but i've searched for it without luck. The movie "300" always shows up as another movie called "Hot Fuzz" cause the scraper
automatically downloads that one for some odd reason. If i reload the movie information, the scraper downloads hot fuzz again straight away. So it would be nice to have a button where i can manually enter what movie info i want, even if the scraper think it got the right one.
your 300 problem is probably a rogue .nfo file somewhere in your movie folder feeding it the false information. 300 scrapes just fine for me.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Aren't pretty much all of those suggestions already doable Huh

If you want to choose your fanart then use an external scrapper !
anibanani Wrote:* A way to create your own folders in the movies and tv shows libraries.
The library is currently being redesigned. The new design should allow for this sort of stuff.

anibanani Wrote:* Maybe a feature in the movie info page that shows if a movie is in the IMDB top 250 ranking, and what ranking it's at. Not necessary at all, but it could be coolSmile
It's already there.
>>X<<' Wrote:Aren't pretty much all of those suggestions already doable Huh

If you want to choose your fanart then use an external scrapper !

Ok sorry about that, haven't used xbmc for too long, so i might have overlooked a couple of things. I'm also only using the Aeon skin primarily, so maybe that's why i've missed it.

What i really meant about the fanart thing, is that i can't get movies or tv series to show up in XBMC unless they're found by one of the scrappers. And i have a lot of small-time tv series and such from my country, that i would like to have showing up in XBMC. And as they're not on any scrappers as far as i know, since hardly anyone have heard about these tv series outside
of my country, i can't get them to show up in XBMC. Thats why thought it would be nice if i could manually add these video files, manually add the info and fanart for these shows, and make them appear in the main TV Shows library. It seems to me that the only way to get video files to show up properly in library mode is if they've been found by the scrappers. But I may have missed out on something obvious here if this is already possible :o
snoxbox Wrote:The library is currently being redesigned. The new design should allow for this sort of stuff.

Very glad to hear that, that was one of my main issues, it will probably be much better when this is finished.
anibanani Wrote:What i really meant about the fanart thing, is that i can't get movies or tv series to show up in XBMC unless they're found by one of the scrappers. And i have a lot of small-time tv series and such from my country, that i would like to have showing up in XBMC. And as they're not on any scrappers as far as i know, since hardly anyone have heard about these tv series outside
of my country, i can't get them to show up in XBMC. Thats why thought it would be nice if i could manually add these video files, manually add the info and fanart for these shows, and make them appear in the main TV Shows library. It seems to me that the only way to get video files to show up properly in library mode is if they've been found by the scrappers. But I may have missed out on something obvious here if this is already possible :o

Put tv shows into a folder and set content to tv shows to make it visible under tv shows. You can use nfo files to input information such as rating, plot, actors, etc.

When movies or shows don't have thumbnails or fanart, you can put your own by going to Movie Information, or TV show information, and choosing Get fanart or thumb and browse to files you've downloaded from elsewhere or you can name the file fanart.jpg and put it in the movie's folder or name it moviefilename-fanart.jpg and for thumbs name it moviename.tbn if there are multiple files in the directory.(FanArt page)
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
anibanani Wrote:* An option for manually adding episodes for TV-shows. I have the Band of Brothers series, but XBMC won't find the episodes. I know if I name them S01E01 etc, then it will be found, but I'm also seeding this files to a torrent tracker, so if i edit the file names, i can't seed them properly.
Also, this would be great for the previous suggestion, where i have some smaller TV-series that the scrapers don't find, it would be nice to manually add these files and make folders and find fanarts etc myself.

In file mode if you set the content and then select info and XBMC has no info yet it will do one of two things

1- if it doesn't recognize the name at all it will ask you to type in the correct name and then it will scrape the info that means your torrents can keep their file names but still have the correct names in XBMC

2 - It will fetch a list of names and ask which is the correct one

As for stuff that can't be found you can put that info in yourself you only need movie.tbn, fanart.jpg and nfo

If you use something like "Media Info Plus" it will do it for you and give you an idea of whats needed in the nfo, a tbn file is just a jpg with a tbn file extension

If you look on the first page of the Media info plus thread he tells you the folder and file structure needed for movies and tv shows

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47071

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some minor suggestions0