Can't view TV Shows Properly
I'm having a slight problem on viewing my TV Shows...
I've successfully told XBMC where all my videos are, and which ones are movies and which are tv shows.

When i activate the Aeon skin, and choose TV Shows, i see the correct number of folders, but none of them are named. Some of the TV Shows have the correct thumbnails (from tv.com), but none of them have their correct titles.
It does sort them by title, but instead of the title i just get a number... 1, 2, 3... etc. And it also claims that i have 0 episodes of each tv show.

I don't know if it matters, but for the moment i have the following folder structure of my tv-shows.

X:\Videos\Genre\TV Show name\Episode Y

For Example:
E:\Videos\Sci-Fi\Eureka\Season 1

I can view all the tv-shows in their folder structure under "Videos" in Aeon, and it plays it all without any problems.
Why doesn't it work under "TV Shows"?
What are the file names of the shows (the files)? Is it only Aeon that doesn't display your TV-Shows? Seems unlikely to me, but I haven't been here that long... Big Grin

Check this out: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

Grtz

Lukas
currently i have the folliwing filenames:
Eureka - 03x01 - Bad To The Drone.avi

they all follow that format.

I checked out the link and tried to fix it so that my filenames would be read, but i have nooo idea if i did it right... anyway, i created a advancedsettings.xml file in the userdata folder, that looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo_[s01]_[e01] -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo.1x09 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Xx]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo, 01x01, foo.s01.e01, foo.s01-e01 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo.103 -->
<regexp>[0]*([0-9]+)x[0]*([0-9]+) [^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

well, as you can probably figure out, i don't normally do stuff like this Big Grin
It would have been easier to let TVRename do it all for you.
Hmz, the filenames look ok to me... I don't think adding these settings will do any good, as your file names are named properly. I wanted you to check out the "Directory Structure and File Names" section on that page, making sure you had that structure and filenames. Is it really only on Aeon you run into these issues? Because I'm assuming other skins give you the same issue?

Before you do anything else I would recommend removing all the currently scanned TV Shows from library - if you go to the Set Content dialog you can set it back to 'None' - that will remove everything within that path from the library.

Also, another question: when adding the shows to the database (set content-dialog) did you do that on Genre level or TV-Show Title level? Do you have seperate folders for TV Shows and Movies?

I have:

X:\TV Shows\TV Show Title\Season 0X\Title - 0X-0X - Title of episode.ext

When comes to TV-shows I 'set content' only on "X:\TV Shows" folder as per above example... You have one more folder in your structure... So you should 'set content' on "E:\Videos\Sci-Fi\".

Or on "E:\Videos\Sci-Fi\Eureka\" and check the option 'selected folder contains only one TV -show' on the set-content dialog and do every show seperately.

If that doesn't work you should have a look at your debug log; turn on debug logging in settings - system - hardware - "enable debug logging". With that enabled, force your library to update (Updat library is on the context menu [press C] in TV Shows and Movies view and in the settings somewhere). After that you'll get a xbmc.log in c:\users\%username%\AppData\roaming\XBMC that most likely will tell you what's going wrong.

Hope this helps a little.

Grtz

Lukas
Ok, so what i did was this
I removed all the scanned tv shows from the library, and then re-added them via the set content menu.
This time i that on the tv show title level, and choose 'selected folder contains only one TV -show'...

But it still didn't solve the problem.

So, i fixed myself a log, and updated the library.
The log tells me a load of comforting things, for instance
"DEBUG: found match smb://media-server/videos/sci-fi/eureka/season 3/eureka - 03x10 - your face or mine.avi (s03e10) [[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)]"

That's what it says for ALL my tv show episodes. :confused2:

After the scan, the log doesn't really tell me anything usable...
But i do get some of these:
"WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/1/"
with different numbers on the end.. it doesn't really tell me anything.

Other than that, at least I can't find anything suspicious...
Instead of using the Set Content on the Videos Folder (which is what i assume you are
doing), use Set Content on each of your Genre folders. See what results you get with that.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Hi Matster,

Ok, to be honest I'm out of ideas. I really thought issue would be resolved by scanning for content on the TV Shows or TV Show Title levels... Blush

I searched the forum and google for your log messages as well, did not come up with anything similar.

What you could do is try a newer build of XBMC. In my opinion the easiest way to update is via XBMCUpdate. Maybe that'll help. If not I'm affraid you'll have to wait on other guys to help you out. Confused

Grtz

Lukas
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Instead of using the Set Content on the Videos Folder (which is what i assume you are
doing), use Set Content on each of your Genre folders. See what results you get with that.

-Pr.

He tried setting content on the 'TV Show title' level, the 'TV Shows' level and higher up the folder hierarchy as well, if I'm not mistaken.
Lukas Wrote:He tried setting content on the 'TV Show title' level, the 'TV Shows' level and higher up the folder hierarchy as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Ya but that is unconventional because of the Genres in the middle.

On the TV Shows level, it will confuse the scraper and on the TV Show Title
level, he would have to set the "Contains only one TV Show" option.

I am 90% Sure that setting it on the Genres will solve it.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Ya but that is unconventional because of the Genres in the middle.

On the TV Shows level, it will confuse the scraper and on the TV Show Title
level, he would have to set the "Contains only one TV Show" option.

I am 90% Sure that setting it on the Genres will solve it.

Matster Wrote:Ok, so what i did was this
I removed all the scanned tv shows from the library, and then re-added them via the set content menu.
This time i that on the tv show title level, and choose 'selected folder contains only one TV -show'...

I hope you're right, weird issue altogether...
I think worse case scenario, to remove the Genre folders.

They won't be needed once everything is in the library. He can browse by Genre
in XBMC...

-Pr.
I dont think removing the Genre folder will work.

I have a similar problem on my ATV and i have stripped it down as much as i could.

Test
Just add the root of a series as a source and then set it to contain TV content such that i have 0 levels from the added folder to the files that i want to have added to the TV shows section.

Result
Still getting stupid empty Series dirs with no series content not even artwork however i did get a bit of info on House M.D. but apparently i wasnt able to get any info on Top Gear ?_? at all.

Test
Put all TV shows in the same dir (a little messy) anyway only a select few 30 or so episodes from difrent seasons in diffrent series in the same dir.

Result
Only got 3 folders one was House, second was Gray (something was wrong here) last one was 1 and then it left out on 2 full series.
There were no content in any of the TV show containers (0 episodes) and no artwork.

Thoughts
One thing i notissed was that the first error i saw was "Grey's Anatomy" where the folder ended up with a name Grey. wird thing though H is after G so why would House be correct if Top Gear wasnt.

Im very new to XBMC and Aeon so i havnt gone into dept with this issue but i was hoping some one else had resolved it or had a quick "this is how you do it guide" Smile
Was hoping to get the ball rolling on this thread again though...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't view TV Shows Properly0