Aptitude Update script on XBMCbuntu?
@vikjon0
Thx! I have mended 1.
2, is not needed because that guide is based on a full ubuntu installation were the necessary policies are already set-up properly.

The deb-lines differ because one gets you to the page were you can see about the project and the other just to the files, APT will take both of these afaik and go to the same place and download the files, but I can for sure understand the confusion around it Smile Although, they really should be same everywere no need for the confusion
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Quote:The deb-lines differ because one gets you to the page were you can see about the project and the other just to the files,

I am aware that I am still a newbie...so I will never say that you are wrong..
but they have different keys and only the one in the guides seem to include this package
sudo apt-get install usplash-theme-xbmc-*

Quote: guide is based on a full ubuntu installation were the necessary policies are already set-up properly.
See your point. Mayne people coming directly from other platforms to this project is probably struggling with that though. But they can of course use the other guide or the LiveCD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aptitude Update script on XBMCbuntu?0