Music Library help
hello all,

my system,
minimal ubuntu juanty install
xbmc r21881
transparency! v1.00

I have two small problems that I can't see to get around. And mods I apologize if this should be in general help, as I am not sure if that it is linux specific...

First, my music library is all messed up. while browsing the artist tab, it lists the info for different artists. for example I will be on three doors down and the name will be three doors down but the description will be for Eminem. I can fix it by refreshing it, but i don't want to have to do that for my entire library.

So, I tried removing the source to rescan the library, but when I do that xbmc still keeps the library intact.

Second problem, the music library is not loading my fanart.jpg for each music artist. I have to browse and select it. Is there an advanced setting that I should have to tell xbmc to load the fanart in each artist folder.

Thanks for all the help.

Sorry for just a newb question.
Rename and/or backup/delete the music database file and rescan and see if you get better results.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=The_UserData_Folder
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks sho,

I will do so. Thanks for the quick reply
RT-3 Wrote:thanks sho,

I will do so. Thanks for the quick reply

another good idea is to double-check and verify your mp3-tags for correctness. especially on downloaded files there are strange informations in them sometimes Wink
cheers,azido :;):
and the artist thumbs will only get picked up if you do automagic online lookups. in addition, it relies on directory structure to pick those up.

you need to store your albums as

/some/where/artist/album1/
/some/where/artist/album2/

and NO songs from that artist can appear outside the artist folder. only then can we assign a directory to the artist with any certainty (in this case /some/where/artist/)
spiff Wrote:and NO songs from that artist can appear outside the artist folder. only then can we assign a directory to the artist with any certainty (in this case /some/where/artist/)

as we're on this: (excerpt from wiki)

"Runs through each album's assigned songs. If there is 2 or more tracks with the same Track number, the group of songs must come from 2 or more albums, so the Album name is ruled out as a possible compilation."

what if it's a compilation on 2 discs? does this still rule out that it can be a compilation or does it scan deeper for track artists and find the difference, so it will become various artists - album title in the end?
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:another good idea is to double-check and verify your mp3-tags for correctness. especially on downloaded files there are strange informations in them sometimes Wink

I all the tags are clean...most of them are ripped from my CD collection
So i deleted MyMusic7.db and rescanned. And, the craziest thing happened. My Nvidia kernal disappeared. So after a quick reinstall of the latest driver, we are back in business.

Thanks for all the help....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library help0