• 2(current)
Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking?
nitio Wrote:Bump.

Again, almost 700 hundred views must mean something - at least ppl are trying to figure it out if XBMC supports it or not.

No. 700 views means that many people have no idea why you would want it and want to make sure they understand the question.
SoCol Wrote:DSPlayer's all fine and dandy, but how about Linux? Lack of Ordered Chapters support's been my only disappointment about XBMC since I first installed it. And it's been growing more and more obnoxious as of late, since more and more encoders are using this MKV feature. Sometimes it makes my media center PC entirely unusable for its main purpose - watching videos (for example, using an external subtitle track for a opening-and-ending-split series is entirely impossible now).

Perhaps you should use a better encoder. Which encoder is resulting in this setup?
GJones Wrote:Perhaps you should use a better encoder. Which encoder is resulting in this setup?

By "encoders" I meant fansub and RAW release groups, not software. Sorry about the misunderstanding. And, in this case, seeking other options does not always work - they usually either use OC or suck quality-wise.
I was just wondering if XBMC supports MKV's that have order chapters to account for Seemless Branching in Blurays using MakeMKV? to allow both the Theatrical and Extended Editions to exist in one file and the Extended is just the Theatrical with special chapters linking it to play the extended bits the right time.
I don't know weather xbmc supports it, but that sounds pretty cool. Never knew you could do that!

Do you have any examples of commercial Blurays that use seamless branching? Does MakeMKV detect and translate this feature correctly? I wonder if it's possible to arrange this yourself using two or more different releases combined into one? Some examples where this could be useful that come to mind are Lord Of The Rings, and Avatar. Both of these have at least two versions out there, and it would be great to be able to select between them without having to store several copies of each movie.
lloydsmart Wrote:I don't know weather xbmc supports it, but that sounds pretty cool. Never knew you could do that!

Do you have any examples of commercial Blurays that use seamless branching? Does MakeMKV detect and translate this feature correctly? I wonder if it's possible to arrange this yourself using two or more different releases combined into one? Some examples where this could be useful that come to mind are Lord Of The Rings, and Avatar. Both of these have at least two versions out there, and it would be great to be able to select between them without having to store several copies of each movie.

I know that the new Harry Potter 1 & 2 Ultimate Editions have Seemless Branching where both the Theatrical and Extended versions are on one disc. I will have to investigate this further.. Wink
I remember a conversation in another thread a week ago or so where they were discussing this. From what I can recall, at this point XBMC has no support for this, and I don't remember if it was planned or not.
Umm...usually MakeMKV display 2 separate titles when there is an extended and theatrical version?
we need ffmpeg (ffmpeg.org) to support it. before they do we won't
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:we need ffmpeg (ffmpeg.org) to support it. before they do we won't

thanks for the heads up. Ill hold fire on and testing until ffmpeg support it Smile
WingmanNZ Wrote:until ffmpeg support it Smile

Well, some of ffmpeg forks already do (ex. http://repo.or.cz/w/FFMpeg-mirror/ordered_chapters.git ) I wonder why won't the ffmpeg developers include this if it's already been done.
Take a look at the ffmpeg mailing list when said patches are submitted.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It's possible to have two versions of a movie in a single MKV file. It's becoming more common this method. Are the XBMC developers considering to support this soon?
Zodler Wrote:It's possible to have two versions of a movie in a single MKV file. It's becoming more common this method. Are the XBMC developers considering to support this soon?

Do a search for "MKV ordered chapters", there's a thread on this.

Hasn't been done yet, though.
Thanks to stuff like Xin1Generator, having MKVs with multiple tracks is becoming more popular. I haven't seen anything in my regular browsing, so hopefully a developer can chime in it

Is there anything in planning? Because I would love to be able to open a movie, and have it ask me what version to watch. As it is now, it just plays the default track
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking?4